Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bells Palsey

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Does anyone know if it attacks one side of the face more then the other? My left side hurts and is very sensitive to touch it feels like someone has slapped it, I have had a bad headache since Friday.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SusanTheWriter
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I had bilateral BP. It started on the left side of my face, then a week later, I got it on the right side. 15 months later, my left side was attacked again.

Are you taking steroids or anti-virals?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM
This just started this morning the left side of my face hurts and is numb and itching.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

I had bilateral BP. It started on the left side of my face, then a week later, I got it on the right side. 15 months later, my left side was attacked again.

Are you taking steroids or anti-virals?

SusanTheWriter
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Are you pregnant? Get to the dr. Have you recently had a virus? The flu, a sinus infection, anything like that? That can be one of the triggers for BP. Or it could be swelling on the myelin sheath of the nerves that affect that side of the face, hence the steroids.

My face felt slightly bruised, but for me, I had a horrible earace the day before. It also affected my tastebuds for a while.

But the sooner you can get to appropriate meds, the sooner you may recover, based on the severity of the episode.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:17 PM
No to any of that.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Are you pregnant? Get to the dr. Have you recently had a virus? The flu, a sinus infection, anything like that? That can be one of the triggers for BP. Or it could be swelling on the myelin sheath of the nerves that affect that side of the face, hence the steroids.

My face felt slightly bruised, but for me, I had a horrible earace the day before. It also affected my tastebuds for a while.

But the sooner you can get to appropriate meds, the sooner you may recover, based on the severity of the episode.

SusanTheWriter
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Sorry. Had to run for a bit. Still, get to Urgent Care and see someone about steroids to help with the swelling. The nerve sheath is already damaged, but the sooner the swelling goes down and the nerve can begin to repair itself, the better off you are.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN