Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really.. You think you are entitled???

Posted by   + Show Post
I love how ex wives think they can come and go as they please. Ok not all, but obviously a lot. Do people not know boundaries anymore??? It's crazy how many here think its ok to go to ex husbands house and not care if the s/o approves or not. What is wrong with women??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Yeah ex wives can be a pain in the butt. :( i hated it but it does get better when the kids get older, so hang in there soon they will have no reason to invade privacy :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL no. You'll only go if you're allowed.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I'll go to anyones house where my children might be. so if it's feeling entitled to check out where my kids are spending time then I guess I would be entitled.

mary841108
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

i agree with all the other posters, if my children are there too bad for the s/o's luck i have the god given right to go and check on my kids, idgaf if jesus was the new S/O and told me i couldnt just go over there...

momsince04
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM
So for all the moms, would you not care what your husbands wishes are? Would you not take into consideration his wishes? Would you be ok w their ex wife coming and going out of YOUR home? What if you were the step mom?
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM

No, or my kids won't be going. I should add that I would afford the father of my children the same thing. 

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL no. You'll only go if you're allowed.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I'll go to anyones house where my children might be. so if it's feeling entitled to check out where my kids are spending time then I guess I would be entitled.

momsince04
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Hell no what??

Quoting Anonymous:

hell no! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
With visitation court orders and custody orders you wont have a choice.

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

Well when my children are involved either I'm allowed to see where they are, or you won't be seeing them. I can easily walk into any police station and demand weekly welfare checks be done if that's what the S/O wants. I have no problem with that either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I've never seen inside my exes house. He is good with the kids and cares for them well. He has never been in mine either. I do not feel either of us has the right to go into each others homes because we feel we have the right. We don't. We lost that right when we split. What's his is his, what's mine is mine. If I felt he ha unsuitable housing ir treated the kids bad I would call the police and go through the courts... Not invade his space.

I realize that's not how most feel.
momsince04
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM
It's one thing seeing the house, but it's another thinking you are allowed to stop by and visit uninvited.

Quoting Anonymous:

With visitation court orders and custody orders you wont have a choice.

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

Well when my children are involved either I'm allowed to see where they are, or you won't be seeing them. I can easily walk into any police station and demand weekly welfare checks be done if that's what the S/O wants. I have no problem with that either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, my husband's ex told he & I both that she would be over to inspect our house before her daughter would be allowed to come over for visitation.  We met her in the driveway, she & the girl got out, all ready to come inside for the inspection and Dh told her in no uncertain terms that she was not allowed inside our house under those terms.  I told her that maybe another day I would invite her over for coffee and we could sit down and talk but we were not going through an inspection.  I smiled & kept a stiff upper lip (god it was so hard!) and tried to be so nice to her.  She backed down.  That was almost 6 years ago, she still hasn't been inside our house but we have a really good relationship, we talk pretty often. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)