Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really.. You think you are entitled???

Posted by   + Show Post
I love how ex wives think they can come and go as they please. Ok not all, but obviously a lot. Do people not know boundaries anymore??? It's crazy how many here think its ok to go to ex husbands house and not care if the s/o approves or not. What is wrong with women??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
TheQueenOfChaos
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM

And they wont have a choice for weekly welfare checks either.

But the plus side is, my CO says I have full say over my DDs visitation. She only goes when and where I say she can.

Quoting Anonymous:

With visitation court orders and custody orders you wont have a choice.

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

Well when my children are involved either I'm allowed to see where they are, or you won't be seeing them. I can easily walk into any police station and demand weekly welfare checks be done if that's what the S/O wants. I have no problem with that either.

momsince04
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Thank you!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never seen inside my exes house. He is good with the kids and cares for them well. He has never been in mine either. I do not feel either of us has the right to go into each others homes because we feel we have the right. We don't. We lost that right when we split. What's his is his, what's mine is mine. If I felt he ha unsuitable housing ir treated the kids bad I would call the police and go through the courts... Not invade his space.

I realize that's not how most feel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Unless stipulated in a court order you're sol. I should add unless there's cause for concern you'd be hard pressed to find a judge willing to grant you access to someone's home against their will. Therefore you wouldn't have the option of refusing. Its cute you think you would though.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

No, or my kids won't be going. I should add that I would afford the father of my children the same thing. 

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL no. You'll only go if you're allowed.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I'll go to anyones house where my children might be. so if it's feeling entitled to check out where my kids are spending time then I guess I would be entitled.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Actually, I think it is pathetic that the new partner would be so insecure that merely having the birth mother in her home would cause issues.  I think that is kind of pathetic.  All of the adults should act like adults and not childish twits. They need to set a better example for the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Yep.
You knew you had an ex and step kids to deal with. They come first.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I'll go to anyones house where my children might be. so if it's feeling entitled to check out where my kids are spending time then I guess I would be entitled.

kaiser10123
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Some really do over step their boundaries! Don't use your child as a pawn to control your ex he's your ex for a reason. Before anyone reads into what I'm saying the wrong way it's directed to my DFs ex...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Control freak! If there is no reason for weekly welfare checks, it makes you look psycho. That will help them in court if they ever want custody.
You are allowed to see where they are, but not on your terms. You can see where they are from the door. If you act like a civil person, perhaps you will be invited in.

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

Well when my children are involved either I'm allowed to see where they are, or you won't be seeing them. I can easily walk into any police station and demand weekly welfare checks be done if that's what the S/O wants. I have no problem with that either.

momsince04
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I don't think it's so much insecurity, but respect. I out of respect for my husband, I don't allow my ex in our home.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Actually, I think it is pathetic that the new partner would be so insecure that merely having the birth mother in her home would cause issues.  I think that is kind of pathetic.  All of the adults should act like adults and not childish twits. They need to set a better example for the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Why, because shes not involved with her kids enough to go to their other house?

Quoting momsince04:

Thank you!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never seen inside my exes house. He is good with the kids and cares for them well. He has never been in mine either. I do not feel either of us has the right to go into each others homes because we feel we have the right. We don't. We lost that right when we split. What's his is his, what's mine is mine. If I felt he ha unsuitable housing ir treated the kids bad I would call the police and go through the courts... Not invade his space.

I realize that's not how most feel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Why?

Quoting momsince04:

I don't think it's so much insecurity, but respect. I out of respect for my husband, I don't allow my ex in our home.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured