Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really.. You think you are entitled???

Posted by   + Show Post
I love how ex wives think they can come and go as they please. Ok not all, but obviously a lot. Do people not know boundaries anymore??? It's crazy how many here think its ok to go to ex husbands house and not care if the s/o approves or not. What is wrong with women??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
TheQueenOfChaos
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM

See my other response as to why. I'm more than willing to pay for that.

Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize police stations do charge if welfare checks are excessive right? You'd be willing to pay for that? Also welfare checks do not give an officer the right to enter the home either.

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

And they wont have a choice for weekly welfare checks either.

But the plus side is, my CO says I have full say over my DDs visitation. She only goes when and where I say she can.

Quoting Anonymous:

With visitation court orders and custody orders you wont have a choice.

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

Well when my children are involved either I'm allowed to see where they are, or you won't be seeing them. I can easily walk into any police station and demand weekly welfare checks be done if that's what the S/O wants. I have no problem with that either.

the4mutts
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I dgaf what my xh thinks. I WILL check up on my kids' rooms, clothes, and living arrangements once a month. I trust my xh, but he is forgetful. And not very clean. He loses the kids' stuff, and doesn't keep their rooms in order, or make them do it. So I do at his house & mine.
Luckily for us, he LIKES it. We're both welcome in eachothers homes whenever, as long as we call first. My s/o has no say, and no s/o he will ever have will have a say. We are co-parents and we work well together and help eachother where the kids are concerned.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Eventually they will stop the weekly welfare checks if there is no basis for them. Law enforcement have more important things to do then jump when some insecure, entitled bitch tells them to.

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

But the plus side is, my CO says I have full say over my DDs visitation. She only goes when and where I say she can.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

Well when my children are involved either I'm allowed to see where they are, or you won't be seeing them. I can easily walk into any police station and demand weekly welfare checks be done if that's what the S/O wants. I have no problem with that either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm very involved with my kids. That is an ignorant statement to believe that because ex and I respect each others homes we are not involved in our children's lives.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why, because shes not involved with her kids enough to go to their other house?

Quoting momsince04:

Thank you!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never seen inside my exes house. He is good with the kids and cares for them well. He has never been in mine either. I do not feel either of us has the right to go into each others homes because we feel we have the right. We don't. We lost that right when we split. What's his is his, what's mine is mine. If I felt he ha unsuitable housing ir treated the kids bad I would call the police and go through the courts... Not invade his space.

I realize that's not how most feel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Of course it does. It's not dumb (real mature), it's logical.

Quoting momsince04:

So her not feeling any threat nor reason to be concerned means she's not involved. By far one of the dumbest comments so far.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why, because shes not involved with her kids enough to go to their other house?

Quoting momsince04:

Thank you!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never seen inside my exes house. He is good with the kids and cares for them well. He has never been in mine either. I do not feel either of us has the right to go into each others homes because we feel we have the right. We don't. We lost that right when we split. What's his is his, what's mine is mine. If I felt he ha unsuitable housing ir treated the kids bad I would call the police and go through the courts... Not invade his space.

I realize that's not how most feel.

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I am so glad I do not have to deal with my ex and his wife anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Speaking as an ex-wife whose ex-husband is newly engaged and now living with his fiance', I have no interest going to their apartment. Unless something happens to my daughter while she's there, I will never go to their home.
I'm finished with that part of my life (with exception of DD), and I have nothing to prove by shoving my weight as BM around.
When things like this happen, in my opinion, it's all about control (a lot of times, not all) which isn't good for the child(ren) involved.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM
I agree also.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree...

Quoting luckysevenwow:

I'll go to anyones house where my children might be. so if it's feeling entitled to check out where my kids are spending time then I guess I would be entitled.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momsince04
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Right. And I just read what i said and I meant, I've never been inside not has he been in my house :)

Quoting Cochise:

There is a thing called respect and privacy ... I agree with you ...  and if a child needs to be checked up on in their home.. there is a thing called... phones and cell phones.

Quoting momsince04:

No I have to disagree. Especially if the ex has someone new. If you know your child is being taken care of, you should have no reason to go to the ex's house. And if you have doubts, then talk to the ex and settle it. I've been inside my ex's house. I've gone and waited outside. If something is wrong my kids will tell me

TheQueenOfChaos
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM

C&P is easier

If you knew the story you would know the reason.

Let me make it short

• Second degree burns
  • Pneumonia
  • Dirty Home
  • Drinking Parties
  • Needles lying around
  • Naked texts of my DDs body

And that's just a small part of it. Hence the reason why my CO is the way it is. Not a control freak, someone who has seen her baby hurt way too much for a 3 year old. None of this (except the pneumonia) was done by him directly, that's the only reason he still gets visits, but it's been done by his family while he was staying with them with her. He's shown the court that he can't make good decisions on her behalf, so he loses the right to make said decisions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Eventually they will stop the weekly welfare checks if there is no basis for them. Law enforcement have more important things to do then jump when some insecure, entitled bitch tells them to.

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TheQueenOfChaos:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured