Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your "plan" for when your kids graduate high school?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH and I plan on our kids going to college, and we will allow them to live with us rent free for as long as they are in college, but they will need to hold a part time job. If they don't go to college they can only stay with us, for free, for 6 months, after which they can move out or pay rent. Either way they will have certain rules to follow also.

So do you have a plan for your kids after high school?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
Schleetle
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Well I'm not sure yet our oldest son has a disability, and we will have to see what is best for him at the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Its not making plans for HIM its making plans for YOU and your home. My kids don't have to go to college, but they will NOT live off me.

Quoting Nolanzo:

Lol... I am not making any plans for him at all... He's capable of doing that on his own and is well on his way.

He is planning to enlist.

iwillstapleyou
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM
She can live with me as long as she wants as long as she wants. I'd like her to make progress toward her goals, but that's not a real restriction. She will pull her own weight here though.
MissMysteriouss
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:23 PM
My oldest is in his 2nd year of college. He lives at home, goes to school full time and works part time.

My youngest just turned 4 last week. With 4 other kids in between.

I expect them all to go to college or atleast work full time and do something with their lives.

I will be old before my youngest starts college. Heck she doesn't even start kindy until 2014.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armywifeholcomb
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM
My SD graduates this year, DH tried talking her into military. Didn't work. She wants to go to college or beauty school. I support her decision either way. She's probably going to move out and in with friends *cross fingers* love her but right now there's 5 kids here! The others I have no idea! Our youngest is 2 and I think my DH will Really push for military for him... DH will be retired from army by then and maybe we can do some traveling...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Again, its not a plan FOR MY KIDS. Its one for MY HOME. If you are cool with your kids living off you forever, then that's on you, but we have this plan so my kids know that will never be an option.

Quoting lucsch:

Nope, but THEY have plans because of the way we've raised them to want to make their own way in life.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:26 PM

We planned for him to goto college, he had other plans.

I wasn't always on board, but couldn't be more proud!

robyann
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Well, sometimes our plans don't turn out the way we thought. lol. I have 2 kids out of the house, they both have kids of their own. I have a 22 year old son who just finished college and got a full time job, he is still here at home but he does pay rent and his own personal bills, like phone, car, car insurance. He also has an 8 month old son who I babysit full time while my ds and his fiance work. My youngest is a jr in high school and plans on going to college but living at home her freshman year. Her dad and I decided that living at home part. That freshman year can be tough. So our plans for when the kids are grown..hmm. watching the grandkids :)

When dh retires we are getting an RV and taking off! That's our long term plan! :)

Armywifeholcomb
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Omg I laughed so hard! Had to read that one to my 18y/o SD! She laughed too!
Sounds about right lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We will be happily shipping her ass off to college or hopefully the Military. I want her to go to the Military, so she can have a chance to see the world and know different people.

But whatever she does, I will be throwing a party for myself to celebrate that I got her through hgh school and she graduated with her right class. Then, hubby and I are going on a cruise to celebrate one kid down and we will have 2 more to kick out the nest. We will screw in every room and run naked through the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Soon as the boys finish high school we are moving back to Florida. Dh has been counting down the days since we left FL.

My house will always be open to my kids. They can stay rent free as long as they are in college. After that it would depend on why they needed to come home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured