Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is your "plan" for when your kids graduate high school?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH and I plan on our kids going to college, and we will allow them to live with us rent free for as long as they are in college, but they will need to hold a part time job. If they don't go to college they can only stay with us, for free, for 6 months, after which they can move out or pay rent. Either way they will have certain rules to follow also.

So do you have a plan for your kids after high school?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Replies (71-80):
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Pretty much exactly what your plan is. They'll also still have chores, a curfew and be 100% responsible for their own laundry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Lol. Yeah same here, except laundry starts at 13 here.

Quoting DannieLou:

Pretty much exactly what your plan is. They'll also still have chores, a curfew and be 100% responsible for their own laundry.

bc19
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Hmm, well if he is anything like me and DH he will be out the door within 6 months of graduating high school. If he turns in to a weirdo and doesnt, then he will have to help contribute to the household income somehow. Either by rent, help paying grociers, bills ... he will be helping with something.

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:02 PM
We only have one that old yet and we do her laundry with ours about half the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. Yeah same here, except laundry starts at 13 here.

Quoting DannieLou:

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Haven't gotten that far yet.  Our oldest isn't even in Kinder yet and I just had a baby 7 weeks ago.  I'm trying to make it through sleepless nights right now lol.

shylynn22
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Help them through college until they finish and find a job and can move out. But thats me thinking. My kids are babies so I don't know what will happen
PepperWillow
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:54 AM

My kids can stay with me forever if they choose to. I sure hope they go to college!

Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Two of our three kid's are high school and college grads. The third child is a freshmen in high school now.

The "plan" belongs to them as far as we have been and continue to be concerned.

Both of the adult kid's willingly help us out by paying a minimal rent.

Both took it upon themselves to go to college and both are full-time employed, actually at the same animal hospital.

The third and youngest child has ambitions of possibly going to ASU or U of A. But since she's so young, her goals and plans change occasionally.

Perfectly normal on her end.

But as for college, etc., the ball has always been in their court.

kaiser10123
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Nope no plans because we don't know what future holds for us. We're hippies lol jk
ksueditz
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM
My oldest has already started checking out colleges, he's 16. And he does NOT want to live with us. Lol
Actually my dh and I have been entertaining the idea of purchasing rental property for extra income. We've discussed keeping an apartment open for our kids to live in while in college. Well worth it, I think, we have 5 kids to get through!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN