Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your "plan" for when your kids graduate high school?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH and I plan on our kids going to college, and we will allow them to live with us rent free for as long as they are in college, but they will need to hold a part time job. If they don't go to college they can only stay with us, for free, for 6 months, after which they can move out or pay rent. Either way they will have certain rules to follow also.

So do you have a plan for your kids after high school?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Basically what you said, but if they are full time students, they won't need a part time job.

If they are in school going full time they can stay rent free. If they are not full time then they need a part time job, and if they are not in school at all they will be working and paying rent.

Lydlou02
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Well, Mac is talking about the army so that's his plan. Cam is on the low end of the autism spectrum and may end up staying with us forever if she doesn't learn to communicate effectively, and function on her own. Tia is only one, so no plans for her future yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieSDW
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Same. If they are in school and doing well, they can stay. If not they need to pay rent or go.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetMama823
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM
My oldest graduates in 5years. He's going to college if he decides not to then he will hop in hubbys rig lol which he says nooooo I'm going to college!
I have three boys and one girl, so our boys know they need to go to college and get a degree in something or else they will be driving a rig. They see how hard their daddy works and how he's gone a lot. Our dd is always gonna be taken care of no matter what. Although she still needs to go to college and do something for herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM

My oldest is heading off to college next year.  While in college, we will support her but expect her to work during vacations.  After graduating, we expect her to find a job and live on her own but we will pay her rent for the first year (or assist in a down payment  if she chooses to buy) her first home.

DS has significant special needs and will live with us, and of course we will support him, for as long as we can manage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Our only plan at the moment is to order new harleys when the youngest graduates. Dh will only be 2 years from retiring at that point.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM

We are saving so we can afford to pay for my kids college outright. If this happens then my husband is going to try for an early retirement so we can travel. We are older parents and looking forward to retirement!!

Photo: -Randi.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I''ll be giving my kids a little time to get their shit together and learn to fly and I'll kick their asses out of the nest. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:37 AM

They are going to college and will always have a rent free room right here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM

After my kids finish high school I plan on going back to work outside the home full time (I work from home right now).  We haven't really thought much beyond that.  I do know, however, that we won't let our children take advantage of us the way my SIL is taking advantage of my inlaws.  She's 37 years old, got fired from her job as a vet tech 5 years ago and refuses to even look for a job.  She lives in their basement and lets her animals do their busines everywhere and says she can't clean up after them because it hurts to bend over.  She mooches off of them so horribly.  It's gotten so bad that if my kids want to see their grandparents, they have to come to our house every single time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured