Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What kind of mommy are you ?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM
  • 112 Replies

OK lets not argue with one another in this post, instead lets exchange ideas and be nice !

I vax- Bc my pedi tells me to, i haven't researched it a lot, but my monkeys are fine no problem with them here.

I use papmpers diapers- although i am looking into cloth diapering

I did not circ my son, i think it should be his choice after all it is his junk

I want my dd to know she can do/be whatever she wants  , that is my main focus with her is always empowering her. Although I think it would be cool if she takes up bartending when she is older :)

I don't spank- A little swat and when i say swat i mean like not even hard , no bending over the knee no whooping the LOs, I have only swatted twice anyways and i even feel bad about that which is prob why I am going on and on about it . Besides i think like after 2 and a  half it is not effective anyway.

I formula feed bc i take meds that wont permit to bf, i cant stop taking them i would fall apart, again both monkeys healthy and happy :) I do think breast is best though.

I had my monkeys in the hospital with all the drugs they would give me .

My dd is 14 months old and still uses a bottle

I am a bartender, I am not good at arts and crafts, making things, cooking, cleaning we have a cleaning lady and i love her. I guess i am a really laid back mama i don't yell or scream , I HATE making/hearing my kids cry it messes with me . Ok now tell me about you !!

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I'm not touching this..
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not touching this..

WHY not ? maybe some people can learn some things they didn't know already  OR we can learn some things about other members . 

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:45 PM
16 moms liked this

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:46 PM

That's awesome !

Quoting model1000mom:

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I both breast and formula fed. I used cloth and sposies. I delay and selectively vax. DS is circed.

I am a free-range parent and base that on the age and maturity of the child in question (I have 4), so the same rules do not apply to all of the kids at the same age.

I consider myself a middle-of-the-road parent. I am not overly strict or lax, I am crunchy in some ways, not in others.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Breastfeed only.
Cloth diaper.
Baby led weaning (no cereals or purees).
Extended rear facing.
Non vaccinating.
No spanking (swatting, hitting, tapping etc. either)
No circumcision.
No CIO, ever.
Bedsharing from birth and for the first year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I extended breastfeed, because it's the best thing for them.

I tried cloth diapering TWICE and just couldn't do it. I don't feel like a failure.

I didn't circ. There's no point in removing a useful and natural part of their body to protect them from a promiscuous lifestyle that they'll never live.

I spank and make no apologies for it. It's not the only form of discipline we use, not even close.

I had a ''snowball effect'' birth with my first, ending in cesarean. With my second, I went totally med free and would have birthed in a cabin with no electricity if they would have let me.

I don't vax. I believe a healthy lifestyle and extended breastfeeding are better protection than a vaccine.

I am a stay at home mom. My husband and I are starting a gym and nutrition service for low income families.

Added:

I extended rear face and harness.

I have done a combination of attachment parenting and cio with my kids.

2ltlmonkeyz

Quoting sheramom4:

I both breast and formula fed. I used cloth and sposies. I delay and selectively vax. DS is circed.

I am a free-range parent and base that on the age and maturity of the child in question (I have 4), so the same rules do not apply to all of the kids at the same age.

I consider myself a middle-of-the-road parent. I am not overly strict or lax, I am crunchy in some ways, not in others.

oh wow !! I had never heard the term free range. that word crunchy makes me laugh lol , but very cool TY :)

Josie_P
1 mom liked this
I selectively vax, breast feed, use cloth and disposable diapers, do not co sleep, natural birth, work

Yeah I guess that's all of it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CookieMom108
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, I'm just a really laid back kinda mom.  I had a planned c-section, formula fed, circ'd, vaxxed, Huggies diapers always.  I dont spank because I never had a reason to.  I used to be a pediatric nurse but now I'm a sahm.  My son stays up late and sleeps late and eats a ton of hunk food.  He's an excellent student, very well behaved and  loves WWE, sports and his Nintendo ds, Wii and laptop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)