Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So rude!!! ***Eta - Pics***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies

My husband thinks I am being silly and taking it too seriously, but I'm honestly sick of this!

I am fairly small, 118 lbs, 5'3" and I have two children ages 5 and 2.  I have a small bit of a pooch, nothing big to me really, I feel I just look bloated constantly.

I swear, anytime I go out to the grocery store or anywhere period, at least one person stops me and asks me "how far along are you?" I reply with the same answer each time "I'm not pregnant", and then a lot of them have said, "oh you still have your baby fat"... sometimes I wanna rip their heads off.

I could understand someone asking me this if I was huge and unmistakingly pregnant, but to have a little pooch on my thin figure, some people need to just mind their damn business, it is very offensive.  I am already self conscious of my body because my pregnancies messed up my stomach (my belly button never went back in and my belly is "saggy" and wrinkly).

Would this offend you too?  What would you do in this situation?

This is what I look like now

This is when I actually was pregnant with my now 2 year old (36 weeks)

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I'm sorry People can be very rude

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:01 PM

BUMP

paknari
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:03 PM
It's probably because you are so all everywhere else not because you are huge. Disproportionate.its still rude though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, I'm a bit twisted so I'd probably be like "I'm a man" or "I'll have my MBA at the end of this semester, thanks for asking" or "I think the game is in halftime" or "I'm due at the end of the month" because I simply love to mess with people.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Yes it would offend me. I guess you could do exercises that target that area. Target sells awesome tanks that hold your stomach in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM
You have the roundness of being pregnant .
VannaMae307
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I can't think of anything that would stop people from saying anything short of wearing baggier shirts and hoodies to hide it. If you do exercise, focus on the abdominal muscles and hips, it will make you a little more proprortionate. I don't think you look pregnant, just for the record :)

EAzizM
by Erica on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Haha. Id say some twisted thing like that too.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Well, I'm a bit twisted so I'd probably be like "I'm a man" or "I'll have my MBA at the end of this semester, thanks for asking" or "I think the game is in halftime" or "I'm due at the end of the month" because I simply love to mess with people.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Try wearing a a tight stomach thing to help tighten your stomach. You are tiny. And wow u were big with ur son and you are very lucky to went back down to ur normal size.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)