Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Great Danes for Pets?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

Opinions?

The one we are looking at is a 4 yr old female! 

Spade

Great with kids and other animals.

About 120 pounds

Eats between 6 - 8 cups of food daily

i am a 5 yr old and a 13 month old and a cat.  lol

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM
They can be great and gentle dogs, but they are obviously huge and eat a LOT of food
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shermy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Every great dane I have know has been a wonderful, kind, creature.  They are laid back, and calm.  

However, the one thing I will never do, is own one. They die so young, it seems so painful to have this beautiful, kind, gentle beast that dies way too young, with their life span averaging 6-8 years. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:10 PM

they said they live between 7 - 10 years and this one is already 4

Quoting Shermy:

Every great dane I have know has been a wonderful, kind, creature.  They are laid back, and calm.  

However, the one thing I will never do, is own one. They die so young, it seems so painful to have this beautiful, kind, gentle beast that dies way too young.  

momma-t42
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I think Great Danes are Fabulous dogs!!! However, the saddest part of those beautiful and loving dogs is... Their life span in 7-9 years. My two oldest dogs are now nearing 12 years old. Vet bills are higher, aches and pains of aging have begun, and I wish their life span was as long as mine because I love them so much.
So.Ill.Mama
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM

they are GREAT! we had one, but only for a few months. we got her from a friend, and she ended up dying of old age. she was so sweet, and followed me everywhere. i called her my shadow lol.. but do know that they don't have a very long life expectancy, 8-10 years avg., i think...give or take, depending on the health of the dog, of course. oh....and i've not met one yet that didn't think it wasn't a lap dog lol...they're big babies =)

here's a picture of chloe before she passed... i miss her. she was the absolute best <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM

awwww  :(

were yours around babies?

Quoting momma-t42:

I think Great Danes are Fabulous dogs!!! However, the saddest part of those beautiful and loving dogs is... Their life span in 7-9 years. My two oldest dogs are now nearing 12 years old. Vet bills are higher, aches and pains of aging have begun, and I wish their life span was as long as mine because I love them so much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM

yea the research i found said 7 - 10 years

Quoting So.Ill.Mama:

they are GREAT! we had one, but only for a few months. we got her from a friend, and she ended up dying of old age. she was so sweet, and followed me everywhere. i called her my shadow lol.. but do know that they don't have a very long life expectancy, 8-10 years avg., i think...give or take, depending on the health of the dog, of course. oh....and i've not met one yet that didn't think it was a lap dog lol...they're big babies =)

here's a picture of chloe before she passed... i miss her. she was the absolute best <3

momma-t42
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:19 PM
They are now as we have a 7 month old grand baby ... My oldest dogs just nap mostly and aren't interested in the baby.. We have 5 dogs actually a beagle, 2- Boston terriers, and 2- French bulldogs. Let me just say, the frenchies are 2 yrs old now and are Fabulous with our granddaughter. Nora was trying to get a ball from the boy Frenchie and he just sat there.. No growling nothing. They love Nora.. And my female Frenchie sits right by her most of the time. The frenchies are pretty docile dogs.. They love to snuggle..

Quoting Anonymous:

awwww  :(

were yours around babies?

Quoting momma-t42:

momma-t42
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Our five furry kids

Here's a pic I took at Christmas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:22 PM

that is soooooooooooooo cute!

Quoting momma-t42:

Our five furry kids

Here's a pic I took at Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)