Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your house ever get so messy... (Go ahead and bash) *Update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 184 Replies

That you worry that CPS would take your kids if they saw it?

My house is reaching that point.  I hate it.  Yet, I can't seem to get anything done.  I have depression and ADD, neither of which are being treated, so that's not helping at all.  I look at the mess, and it just seems so overwhelming, and even when I do try to start on something, I get distracted by everything else in the world, and nothing gets accomplished.  It's so embarrassing.  I can't imagine having anyone walk in my house.  Ugh... 

Please say this happens to other people, that I'm not the only one.  I need help getting motivated, and staying on task, and NOT getting distracted by the electronics... that's the worst... 

HELP ME!!

Ok, so just since I posted - holy crap I never expected this to explode the way it did! - I've been working on the kitchen while the kids ate their dinner, and I made a check list of all the rooms that I need to tackle.  One at a time.  I broke out the extra kitchen timers that we have, and set them around the house.  This WILL GET DONE.  

And just so you know, the dishes are done daily, and I do keep up with laundry, and the kids are always fed and bathed, it's mostly just the clutter and toys and more clutter that leave me so overwhelmed.  

I'll try to keep updating, as it gives me some accountability.  Thanks everyone!  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:37 PM
My house pretty much only gets messy when we are sick. I keep it picked up and clean. Just keep up with it..
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
No
And why is your depression untreated?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Well i have ADHD so i can relate to getting distracted , this is why i never miss my doc appointment for refills and such. My house never gets that bad honestly bc dh would have a fit and we are not generally messy people , we also have a cleaning lady. My advice would be hire someone to clean it just this once and start over fresh and never let it get like that again.  OH yeah and for the love of pete get your meds woman !

curlycupcake
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't help you. I'm sorry. You and your kids must be miserable living in conditions bad enough to be grounds for removal. I'd suggest getting help, both for your emotional conditions & with the cleaning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
1 mom liked this

No because I go crazy if it gets too messy, so I try to keep on top of things. And when I don't feel well, DH pitches in (DS has been puking the last couple days, and I've been feeling under the weather, so DH cleaned the kitched last night, watched DS so I could take a nap this morning, and made lunch).

If you want to get your house clean, enlist everyone to help you. Set the timer for 15 minutes and assign each family member one area of the house. You won't get all the deep cleaning done, but you'd be surprised what you can do in 15 minutes (and you might just keep going for longer). When I make myself clean the kitchen for 30 minutes, I see that I'm nearly done, so I might as well just do the last ten minutes.

CuriousArentYa
5 moms liked this

Wouldn't being to the point that you are worried that your kids will be taken away be motivation enough? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Hell no!!! My husband is a neat freak and I love disinfecting stuff with bleach. Our house is spotless 24/7.

You need to get help if your house is so messy it's embarrassing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM
2 moms liked this

You just have to force yourself to get up and do it. Maybe reward your hard work by going to a movie, etc.

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Think of the health of everyone living In your house. It's unsafe and unhealthy. Just tell yourself It's best for ur kids. Get up and do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM

oh, and also--put on some awesome upbeat music for that 15 minutes (see my reply above) to make it a little more fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN