Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do your kids a favor and clean your house!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
6 moms liked this
Ok so for those who have overly messy/dirty houses I want to enlighten you as to how it can effect your children. I am coming from experience. As far back as I can remember my mother never kept up with our house. It was cluttered and filthy all the time. I don't remember really caring until about the 6th grade. I was mortified if ANYBODY saw our house. I would never have friends over or sleepovers. It wasn't until sophomore year in high school I allowed my best friend to come over. She already knew how I felt about it. Anytime I went to anybodies clean house I would be jealous. My mom never seemed to care much about it either. She wouldn't think twice about having people over and I hated it. There are 4 kids in my family and so far only my oldest sister takes after my mom. Her house is a disgusting mess. Myself and younger sibling have learned from it and have clean homes. My youngest brother is still in college so we will see. To this day at over 30 years old I am still embarrassed about her house. My in-laws have never even been there. So please.....for your kids...keep a clean house. It can effect them more then you think.

Just to clarify....I am NOT talking about keeping your house perfect. There is a difference between messy and dirty. I am talking about dirty unwashed floors, bathrooms and counters. Loads of clutter in places it doesn't belong, laundry everywhere and just gross. Some toys on the floor and a few dishes in the sink is not what I mean.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:59 PM

i agree, my mother never clean the house  either, i would never let my friends come over , i would always go to their house. this might be why i'm such a clean freak now !

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM
2 moms liked this

dont judge unless you have my life i work 60 hrs a week i hardly have time for anything  yet alone keeping my house spotless

Anonymous2u
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I have organized clutter does that count? My lo is still a baby so I have time to fix it. It drives me a lil crazy but at least its organized.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I agree!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Never said spotless. Again there's a big difference between messy and dirty. And it doesn't matter how much you work. I don't know if anybody is at your house while you work so much but I know it was much easier to keep the house clean when I worked full time and DS was in daycare!

Quoting Anonymous:

dont judge unless you have my life i work 60 hrs a week i hardly have time for anything  yet alone keeping my house spotless

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I agree. I had to teach myself how to care for a home when I was 20. I had no idea how to do anything because I was never taught... I couldn't even learn from watching because there was nothing to watch! Thank goodness I've got it figured out now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My house is always clean and organized!! People think I'm crazy or whatever because I keep it clean, I make my kids pick up after themselves and NEVER destroy their rooms or the play room, beds are made every morning too. Its just me but I can't stand messy or dirty houses. Though unless its unlivable I don't judge, not my house, not my problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:07 PM

My paternal grandmother's house was like you describe--I don't think she ever cleaned their floors.

On the other hand, my mother was too far the other way. I swear you could eat off the floor--and it would be cleaner than most people's plates!

I strive to keep a balance somewhere in between. I have so much more I want to do than clean my house every waking moment! I use the Motivated Moms planner.

Oh, and my teens have lots of friends over, so I guess they are ok with our level of "clean."

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM
My house is always company clean. It would be spotless but with 4 kids things can get cluttered. I would never judge a person on how clean their house is tho. Until i am them and living their life who am i to judge.
CuriousArentYa
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I grew up in a house that I was embarassed for anybody to see because it was a mess. I don't remember if it was dirty or just messy. I will never live like that again! If something is out of place, it eats away at me. My house may get a little messy sometimes when I am really tired or sick but NEVER to the point that anybody in my house or myself would be embarrassed to have somebody drop in, which happens often at our house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN