Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you let your young Teens/Pre Teens.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

Do you let them watch this Teen Nick crap? There is a show on called Marvin Marvin (I think), and I am standing in the kitchen and over hear some of the stuff being said. Boy: You're cute, wanna make out? Girl: Ugh, High School Boys. Girl gets a phone call and answers, Girl: NO! I do not want to make out with you!

Wtf? I don't have teens or even pre teens (sponge bob just went off, and I haven't changed the channel), but I don't think I would let my young kids watch Teen Nick. Am I being weird, or are shows like this just the norm? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Nobody.
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I don't let teen nick on in my house. We will stick to spongebob, my little pony, and powerpuff girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM
You let your young kids watch sponge bob, but are worried about this? Oh please
HyrulianHeroine
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM

nah it's not bad but i feel where your coming from. in my opinion i think teen nick has become so stupid, idiotic, and educational that i wouldn't drain my kids mind with that goofy b.s. personally i never liked it either as a kid i watched cartoon network and anime shows.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

if he wanted to watch it, he could. I don't really monitor it ,but Degrassi has gotten real raunchy since it's days in the 80s.

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:15 PM

My boys are 13 and 14 so on the younger side and they do not like theses shows kinda burnt out on the Nick stuff crying mini

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM
My girls do not watch teen nick... But they are allowed to watch anything they want except for xxx movies...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM

yes they can watch it. I see no issue.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:17 PM

lol I'd let my 6yo watch it. He knows what making out is.

Some parents are too helicopter about everyyyything.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. 

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE Degrassi. It touches on issues with teens that it seems too many parents are too scared to touch on themselves. I like that there's something like Degrassi for the parents who don't want to do the job themselves.

I love that it is a show that ultimately teaches to be accepting of people regardless of circumstance.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

if he wanted to watch it, he could. I don't really monitor it ,but Degrassi has gotten real raunchy since it's days in the 80s.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. 

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM

My 11 year old daughter watches it, not a huge deal to me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN