Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DD is obsessed with boobs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

DD is 4.5. She's curious about people. She pointed to my breasts and asked what they were called. I said "Those are my boobies." She said "Oh okay!" and ran off.

But now she goes to my closet and says "All these are for your boobies!" and points to her chest and says "Do I have boobies?" I don't know what to say when she talks about them. Should I ignore her, tell her it is wrong to talk about them, or encourage conversation????

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Never tell her any part of her body is wrong! Just answer her question and explain things to her. Make sure she grows up comfortable ith her body

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Just answer her. Jeezus. She is a curious child. It's innocent. Tell her one day she will have boobs just like you. But for now she doesn't.
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:18 PM

just answer her shes 4 an curious lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM

My son does this, and he is 2.5. He says that milk comes from his boo boos to feed babies.....

I have no issue talking factually about the human body in an age appropriate way, especially if they have questions. I do however specifiy when conversations are appropriate or not appropriate. So, telling me that he has a penis is totally cool. Skyping his penis and telling my mom that he has a penis, maybe not the most tactful choice kid. Exciting? Yes. Appropriate. Nope.  

kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM

She's probably only making such an observation because she realized you're both girls and she lacks something that her mom has.  She's at the right age for that kind of curiosity so I'd encourage it to a point - but don't make a big deal about it; just answer her questions then let her know that that kind of subject is meant only for at home because they're a "private spot" or however you address the "no no areas."  Ignoring it, though, will only make her more curious because she won't be getting the answers she's looking for.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not wrong to talk about them. Lol! My 2 year olds discovered theirs recently. They sometimes sit on my lap and smack me right in the boobs saying "boobies!!!!" I just move their hands and tell them that hurts mommy. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM

TY!! DD is my first, I don't have any experience LOL!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM

My two year old does the same to me sometimes and dot you just love hn they try to rip your nippes off? He usually quickly says sorry mommy and I tell him that's not nice

Quoting Stephd710:

It's not wrong to talk about them. Lol! My 2 year olds discovered theirs recently. They sometimes sit on my lap and smack me right in the boobs saying "boobies!!!!" I just move their hands and tell them that hurts mommy. Lol!

HyrulianHeroine
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM

lol go ahead and talk to her. my daughter is 2 and was breastfed and went through a phase of tickling her dads nipples lol she calls them apples.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Oh yeah, they both love to cuddle up with me on the couch but when they want to sit up, guess where those tiny little elbows go.....right in my boobs! I always yell out in pain, its hard not to. I think I am permanently bruised :/

Quoting Anonymous:

My two year old does the same to me sometimes and dot you just love hn they try to rip your nippes off? He usually quickly says sorry mommy and I tell him that's not nice

Quoting Stephd710:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN