Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Would You do??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I may be a nut but my DS is 4.5 and I still  RF him. I just saw my exbf drop our DS off and he wasn't RF. 

He knows how I feel about it. I just assumed he did it also. 

I am so worried. Like I said I am a nut.

I just don't know what to do???????

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Replies (21-25):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Let it go.'at 4.5 he is old enough to ff.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Then be a parent and teach your son that not everything is the same at both houses, rules aren't always going to be the same at both houses but he is to respect both parents!

Stop being controlling.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I plan to RF as long as possible. My DS is getting all messed up b/c i make him RF and his dad doesn't. He is now complaining when he is with me.

Quoting Anonymous:

4.5 and you RF? Well he can decide how his son sits in HIS CAR can't he? Hes DAD right?

livric
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:36 AM

here in Australia we forward face from about 6 - 9 months old!!!!  rear facing a 4.5yr child would get you really laughed at here.  it is funny the differences in countries 

MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM
It is very different but extended rear facing until at least 2 is important. If a child at 6-9m is ff they run a high risk of internal decapitation because their spinal cord is not completely fused. In a crash, a child that is rear facing is cradled into the seat where as a child that is front facing, their head and limbs are thrown forward while the car seat holds the trunk of their bodies back. A baby that young's body can not handle the force of that kind of impact.

Just wanted to let you know why we rf past 1 here :-)

Quoting livric:

here in Australia we forward face from about 6 - 9 months old!!!!  rear facing a 4.5yr child would get you really laughed at here.  it is funny the differences in countries 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I don't think there's anything you can do if he already knows how you feel about it. What he's doing isn't illegal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured