Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need to lose 100lbs - what diet has worked for you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just making a post to see what diet, in as much detail as you can provide, has helped you lose 20 or more pounds.

What diet? Daily calories, meals, exercise program, etc.
&& Start weight, finish weight, goal weight, time to lose, etc please =D

Post anon if you wish. THANKS LADIES <3

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Download my fitness pal. It helps keep you accountable.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HersheyKisses99
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Diets do not work. It's about lifestyle changes and healthy eating habits. Switch to mainly raw veggies and fruits. This should be 90% of your diet. Lots of water. And smaller portions. And exercise. But try not to over do on all of it or you will burn out. Make all of your changes one at a time and slowly...to suit you. Good luck!!
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:39 PM
This. I had to make complete lifestyle changes to lose 110 lbs. Took me 2 years at 1lb loss a week.

Quoting vanellope:

Diets don't work. Lifestyle changes work. And putting down the fork
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I went from 290 to 210 drinking visalus shakes and a healthy diet. Then I got pregnant so once the kid comes out I'll go back on them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Start weight 241 . Current weight 158. I'm5'8". Would like another 10, but happy. I used weight watchers, and basically adapted my life because it's about portions and getting moving. I started by walking (I was too heavy for much else) and then using an elliptical, now I run a few days a week (2-4miles), yoga and light weights. I ENJOY working out now, it's my "me time" with 2 kids under 2!
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM

start weight 216 end weight 140

start weight 205 end weight 148

start weight 205 end weight 168(so far...will get down to 145-150 again)

this was after each pregnancy. im a "gainer" apparently. boo.

eat healthy...no processed foods, no junk, little salt, no hydrogenated oils,  little to no fast foods or eating out. fresher is better. slowly reduce your calories until you are around 1400-1600 if you are active too. no more than a 300 calorie decrease per two weeks to a month. Exercise. every day or every other day. no soda, little to no refined sugars.

poshkat
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I just started eating smaller portions and I stopped eating after 7pm unless it was yogurt or a small snack. I also started doing 5 minute exercises every day from apps I found on my tablet
boldrumble
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I am cutting and pasting:

I am doing a version of the hcg diet.(drops, not shots) It is very low calorie. I have lost 14.8 lbs in 6 days. I started last year and lost around 40 lbs during the first cycle, but then my pap died and i just lost my motivation. i am back on now and it has changed so everything is going even better this time! The only thing i dont like is that i am required to weigh myself every morning...and i worry that it will be a habit i have a hard time breaking...and could make me neurotic!
Diet is
about 500 cals, but the drops burn fat (and curb appetite), so your body sees that instead of thinking you are starving.

each meal (2 per day) is 3oz protein, 1 cup veg, 1 fruit or 1/2 cup (for things like beries/grapes/etc), and 1 bread...which is a grisseli bread stick or a piece of melba toast.

I do this for 30 days, then for 2 weeks i stop the drops add in some fat & dairy. Then repeat the cycle
Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM

If you have a smart phone, get an app that you can put your food and exercise into.  I have Lose It.  It calculates my total daily calories.  

I don't follow a "diet" like Atkins or anything.  I watch my calories, increased my protein and exercise more.  Granted, I've only done this since the new year, but, I'm feeling so much better.  DH has been doing this for 4 months and lost around 20 pounds.  

mommyofTC
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Quoting vanellope:

Diets don't work. Lifestyle changes work. And putting down the fork

You don't actually have to put the fork down! All you have to do is exercise daily and eat healthy...

She can look on YouTube for women's daily exercise routines. Go to BAM and look in the Women's Health magazines at the ladies meal plans and exercise routines as well.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)