Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need to lose 100lbs - what diet has worked for you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just making a post to see what diet, in as much detail as you can provide, has helped you lose 20 or more pounds.

What diet? Daily calories, meals, exercise program, etc.
&& Start weight, finish weight, goal weight, time to lose, etc please =D

Post anon if you wish. THANKS LADIES <3

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Replies (121-130):
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I went to curves and it worked wonders for my niece and I.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyLanie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:37 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Bump
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I'm on a diet right now. I switched to clean eating starting today. My friend is a health and fitness guru and their 30 day clean eating challenge started today so I said "Why not?"

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I wanted to try Curves, but the closest one is an hour away from where I live. There would be no way I'd be able to do that.

Quoting MistyMoo:

I went to curves and it worked wonders for my niece and I.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Dukan Diet worked for me. I lost almost 20lbs in 3 months I have about 6-8lbs to go for my ultimate goal. The diet coupled with Pilates and Power Plate (high impact cardio-strength training) is what worked for me.

overweightmommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I lost 35lbs just from cutting out boxed food and cutting way down on fast food, and taking out soda. I'm stuck right now but I'm only going into week 3 of going to the gym and I've been told I won't start losing weight until my body feels it's built sufficient muscle. 

I was doing Insanity back in June and was seeing results by the end of week 2 then I found out I had a tumor and had to stop working out. The tumor was in my head and they were concerned about the pressure in my head, so, nothing strenuous. I had surgery November 15th 2012 to have it removed. So.. trying to jump on this weight loss thing again. My mom said I look smaller already, just not losing any weight yet. 

You have to REALLY want it. You have to want to make a lifestyle change. I'm trying to lose weight for a lot of reasons. Several of them are to do with living a more active lifestyle in general. I want to go hiking, run 5k's again, go to the park and not have to leave early because I'm worn out, etc. I want to be an active family and I have a really hard time at this weight. I want to be a good role model for DD, I want her to be healthy and know what foods to eat. The list goes on. 

Lately I haven't been wanting to go to the gym. I think "I really don't feel like it" but I make myself go anyways. I normally go wtih DH and he skipped a night but I still went(if you know me, I don't like unfamiliar things and I'm still not completely familiar with the gym or very comfortable being there). 

So, blike I said, you REALLY have to want it. You can't just kind of want it. 

My highest weight when I cut all the crap out was 217. I'm currently 182. My goal weight is approx 135. I will decide if I want to lose more once I get there.

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:23 PM
no junk food or soda and juice. All i do is just eat less food. Use a smaller plate. If you have a big plate or bowl full of food you are going to eat all of it. If you use a smaller bowl or plate then you can't fit as much food so you end up eating less. Take slower bites and chew chew chew. Lol listen to your stomach when you feel full stop. Eventually your stomach will get used to eating less and will shrink so you will feel more full without eating a whole lot. Don't splurge either. I watch the doctor oz show and he gives really helpfull information. Good luck :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KRISTAL_WILDER
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Tae bo and calorie counting. Lost almost 50lbs.

KRISTAL_WILDER
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM

thats 2 30min tae bo workouts a day. Lost it in 3 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)