Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need to lose 100lbs - what diet has worked for you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just making a post to see what diet, in as much detail as you can provide, has helped you lose 20 or more pounds.

What diet? Daily calories, meals, exercise program, etc.
&& Start weight, finish weight, goal weight, time to lose, etc please =D

Post anon if you wish. THANKS LADIES <3

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup, yup! MY doctor says ANY form of the hcg diet, and ANY calorie cuts that bring you below 1200 daily is asking for medical issues, and horrible for long term weight loss!

Quoting svolkov:

This is a horrid way to lose. No woman should go lower than 1200-1400 caloriesm its not healthy or safe andbu will put your bodyb into starvation mode. So the minute u eat again u gain more than u startes withm

Quoting boldrumble:

I am cutting and pasting:

I am doing a version of the hcg diet.(drops, not shots) It is very low calorie. I have lost 14.8 lbs in 6 days. I started last year and lost around 40 lbs during the first cycle, but then my pap died and i just lost my motivation. i am back on now and it has changed so everything is going even better this time! The only thing i dont like is that i am required to weigh myself every morning...and i worry that it will be a habit i have a hard time breaking...and could make me neurotic!

Diet is

about 500 cals, but the drops burn fat (and curb appetite), so your body sees that instead of thinking you are starving.

each meal (2 per day) is 3oz protein, 1 cup veg, 1 fruit or 1/2 cup (for things like beries/grapes/etc), and 1 bread...which is a grisseli bread stick or a piece of melba toast.

I do this for 30 days, then for 2 weeks i stop the drops add in some fat & dairy. Then repeat the cycle

Miss.MaryJane
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Follow food pyramid, eat clean, watch portion sizes, limit junk and processed crap, add in exercise. P90x worked for me. I need to get back into it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM

First time I lost over 60 pounds on a low/no carb diet. I don't even think I did any excercise other than daily activities. I somehow adopted this into regular life though and have been eating low carb for almost 8 years.

Second time I lost about 40 pounds, after having a baby. Just stuck to the low/no carb. Ditched all the diet soda. Added low calorie in there. Quit using ranch dressing and butter. I used Olive oil and lemon juice for everything. I had no set exercise routine, but I went back to dancing. Id say I danced for maybe an hour total almost every day. Went from a size 14 back to a size 7.

I don't really think diets work unless you plan to stick with them forever, but once you get used to it then that's not really that hard to do in my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I lost 50lbs doing atkins.
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Shaun T is awesome. He is the INSANITY guy. Wish I could do that one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fairyjester:

Quoting Anonymous:

Jillian Michaels videos and not pigging out.

Jillian Michaels is lame.

Shaun T is sooooo much better

Who is Shaun T? I am always up for new videos.W hat is it called?

boldrumble
I explained what yhe drops do. Also...being 470ish lbs is also horrid. I am doing what works for me, and that is what she asked. Oh and for MONTHS after my pap passed, before i just stopped caring...i kept the weight off with no problem. And i was eating "normal" foods. Here is what i say...if you havent done this diet or are not a medical professional who has actually studied this, then dont weigh in as if you know what you are talking about.

Quoting svolkov:

This is a horrid way to lose. No woman should go lower than 1200-1400 caloriesm its not healthy or safe andbu will put your bodyb into starvation mode. So the minute u eat again u gain more than u startes withm

Quoting boldrumble:

I am cutting and pasting:

I am doing a version of the hcg diet.(drops, not shots) It is very low calorie. I have lost 14.8 lbs in 6 days. I started last year and lost around 40 lbs during the first cycle, but then my pap died and i just lost my motivation. i am back on now and it has changed so everything is going even better this time! The only thing i dont like is that i am required to weigh myself every morning...and i worry that it will be a habit i have a hard time breaking...and could make me neurotic!

Diet is

about 500 cals, but the drops burn fat (and curb appetite), so your body sees that instead of thinking you are starving.

each meal (2 per day) is 3oz protein, 1 cup veg, 1 fruit or 1/2 cup (for things like beries/grapes/etc), and 1 bread...which is a grisseli bread stick or a piece of melba toast.

I do this for 30 days, then for 2 weeks i stop the drops add in some fat & dairy. Then repeat the cycle

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CountryLayne

Counting calories- exercise (even if it is just a little bit).

My thyroid is all screwed up, but I had originally went from 310 pounds down to 280 before that. Now I am taking meds to correct the thyroid, so I can get back to the weight loss.

TattooedMomto4
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

No diet for me or for hubby. He went from 230 to 160 between 12/11 and 4/12. I started at 230# in 3/11, got down to 200 by 10/11, stayed there until June '12 and am now at 167#. I have no thyroid so I have to work a little harder and I have to watch what I eat more than others. We made a lifestyle changes. We eat supper earlier than we used to, we watch fat grams, we watch portion sizes, we gave up soda, I gave up sweet tea, we only drink water, we got active and got off the couch, etc.. It's about life style changes and not about dieting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Gotcha. Right now we are doing p90x also. The ab ripped X. We do tha 3x a week. And I can see my abs now!!!

Quoting StevieMarie:

Shaun T is awesome. He is the INSANITY guy. Wish I could do that one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fairyjester:

Quoting Anonymous:

Jillian Michaels videos and not pigging out.

Jillian Michaels is lame.

Shaun T is sooooo much better

Who is Shaun T? I am always up for new videos.W hat is it called?

StevieMarie
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My doc told me those shakes have a few ingredients proven to cause cancer, and switched me to Shakeology.

Quoting Anonymous:

I went from 290 to 210 drinking visalus shakes and a healthy diet. Then I got pregnant so once the kid comes out I'll go back on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)