Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Need to lose 100lbs - what diet has worked for you?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just making a post to see what diet, in as much detail as you can provide, has helped you lose 20 or more pounds.

What diet? Daily calories, meals, exercise program, etc.
&& Start weight, finish weight, goal weight, time to lose, etc please =D

Post anon if you wish. THANKS LADIES <3

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
mich.el.le
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Honestly, eating clean is what you need! Eat mostly fruits and veggies, drink only water, no processed foods.

Stacey2506
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Quoting TattooedMomto4:

No diet for me or for hubby. He went from 230 to 160 between 12/11 and 4/12. I started at 230# in 3/11, got down to 200 by 10/11, stayed there until June '12 and am now at 167#. We made a lifestyle change. We eat supper earlier than we used to, we watch fat grams, we watch portion sizes, we gave up soda, I gave up sweet tea, we only drink water, we got active and got off the couch, etc.. It's about life style changes and not about dieting.

Are you the one with the 4 hot sons??

MrsSamMerlotte
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:57 PM
None. Jerf. Just eat real food. Jerf. Google it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Drink only water. If you need to have coffee, limit it to a cup a day.

Start measuring food. This way you will know what a serving really looks like. I measure my cereal still.
karisma22
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't diet.  Change your eating habits.  First, realize that you didn't put the weight on overnight and you are not going to lose it overnight either.

Eat three meals a day, plus two or three small snacks.  Eat some protein and healthy fat with each meal (peanut butter, avocado, nuts, etc).  Eat whole grains, eliminate the white processed stuff.  Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.  Make sure to include dairy in your diet.  Eat whole yogurt, cheese, etc.  Many will disagree with this, but when they take the fat out they replace it with starches and sugars.  Use first cold press, extra virgin olive oil for cooking.  Use coconut oil for cooking at higher temperatures.  Make sure to drink enough fluids; water, tea, etc.  Avoid artificial sweeteners; asparatame, splenda, etc.

If you really need something to follow check out the Zone.  You balance your carbs, protein and fats.  So you have a certain amount of carbs, protein and fat with each meal or snack.  I lost about thirty-five pounds when I did the Zone several years back.

Try to get some sort of exercise, even if it is just walking.  Hope this helps.

boldrumble
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I am neing monitored by 2 doctors...so i am not worried. Plus....the medical issues of being overweight for anoyher 5 years are quite risky in themselves. Some people actuall reasearch things, make sure they are monitored and weigh the pros and cons.... One thing this diet has taught me is that people throw out what a horrible idea it is without ever having any knowlwdge about it. With the fat that is burned by the drops and the actual calorie intake, i am not below 1200 a day.

Quoting StevieMarie:

Yup, yup! MY doctor says ANY form of the hcg diet, and ANY calorie cuts that bring you below 1200 daily is asking for medical issues, and horrible for long term weight loss!

Quoting svolkov:

This is a horrid way to lose. No woman should go lower than 1200-1400 caloriesm its not healthy or safe andbu will put your bodyb into starvation mode. So the minute u eat again u gain more than u startes withm

Quoting boldrumble:

I am cutting and pasting:

I am doing a version of the hcg diet.(drops, not shots) It is very low calorie. I have lost 14.8 lbs in 6 days. I started last year and lost around 40 lbs during the first cycle, but then my pap died and i just lost my motivation. i am back on now and it has changed so everything is going even better this time! The only thing i dont like is that i am required to weigh myself every morning...and i worry that it will be a habit i have a hard time breaking...and could make me neurotic!

Diet is

about 500 cals, but the drops burn fat (and curb appetite), so your body sees that instead of thinking you are starving.

each meal (2 per day) is 3oz protein, 1 cup veg, 1 fruit or 1/2 cup (for things like beries/grapes/etc), and 1 bread...which is a grisseli bread stick or a piece of melba toast.

I do this for 30 days, then for 2 weeks i stop the drops add in some fat & dairy. Then repeat the cycle

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Its not a good idea, especially at that starting weight. Please be careful! Fast results is not worth you risking your life!

Quoting boldrumble:

I explained what yhe drops do. Also...being 470ish lbs is also horrid. I am doing what works for me, and that is what she asked. Oh and for MONTHS after my pap passed, before i just stopped caring...i kept the weight off with no problem. And i was eating "normal" foods. Here is what i say...if you havent done this diet or are not a medical professional who has actually studied this, then dont weigh in as if you know what you are talking about.

Quoting svolkov:

This is a horrid way to lose. No woman should go lower than 1200-1400 caloriesm its not healthy or safe andbu will put your bodyb into starvation mode. So the minute u eat again u gain more than u startes withm

Quoting boldrumble:

I am cutting and pasting:

I am doing a version of the hcg diet.(drops, not shots) It is very low calorie. I have lost 14.8 lbs in 6 days. I started last year and lost around 40 lbs during the first cycle, but then my pap died and i just lost my motivation. i am back on now and it has changed so everything is going even better this time! The only thing i dont like is that i am required to weigh myself every morning...and i worry that it will be a habit i have a hard time breaking...and could make me neurotic!

Diet is

about 500 cals, but the drops burn fat (and curb appetite), so your body sees that instead of thinking you are starving.

each meal (2 per day) is 3oz protein, 1 cup veg, 1 fruit or 1/2 cup (for things like beries/grapes/etc), and 1 bread...which is a grisseli bread stick or a piece of melba toast.

I do this for 30 days, then for 2 weeks i stop the drops add in some fat & dairy. Then repeat the cycle

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Quoting fairyjester:

Quoting Anonymous:

Jillian Michaels videos and not pigging out.

Jillian Michaels is lame.

Shaun T is sooooo much better

Yep. Low carbs is the way to go.

This and smaller meals throughout the day.

JenieceMojica
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StevieMarie
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Hell yeah! Get it girl! I want more than anything to be able to do one or both of those programs!

Quoting Anonymous:

Gotcha. Right now we are doing p90x also. The ab ripped X. We do tha 3x a week. And I can see my abs now!!!

Quoting StevieMarie:

Shaun T is awesome. He is the INSANITY guy. Wish I could do that one.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fairyjester:

Quoting Anonymous:

Jillian Michaels videos and not pigging out.

Jillian Michaels is lame.

Shaun T is sooooo much better

Who is Shaun T? I am always up for new videos.W hat is it called?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)