Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Couples baby shower?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I am considering a couple baby shower for this prgnancy and I was wondering if you still have games and prizes?
Any advice will be appreciated :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Yes.  I held my best friends baby shower and she wanted men to be there.  It was actually a ton of fun.  Some on the answers the guys gave was hilarious. 

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Don't know, don't any man that would be seen at a baby shower, so bump.

Stacey2506
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Oh no.  My  dh would rather gouge his eyes out then have a couples baby shower. I am of no help.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I had a couples baby shower. We had our both of our families and friends attend.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Aleta775
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM

We had a great baby shower, and lots of married couples were there. Me and my dh had a blast. I can see an guy not wanting to go if it was just a bunch of women and he'd be the only man there. However, we invited whole families and that was perfect for us. 

babymama2009883
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I had that for my baby shower with DD and I loved the fact that they could come I had a lot there too :)

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM

After the nightmare that was my DIL's baby shower I don't even want to see one for years! My ex MIL and I were there asnd my DIL's sister gave it. She knew we were coming and yet she asked a bunch of pretty specific sexual questions during games. We were very uncomfortable and then she got in our faces and sang the Party pooper song.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I had a couples baby shower. It was awesome, and we still played games and what not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM
What kind of sex questions? Depending on the question, is it possible you over reacted and maybe were a party pooper? You do realize they had to have sex to make a baby right? If it was a really explicit question, I can see being uncomfy, but in that case, I would assume lots of people were uncomfy, not just you lol

Quoting wooly:

After the nightmare that was my DIL's baby shower I don't even want to see one for years! My ex MIL and I were there asnd my DIL's sister gave it. She knew we were coming and yet she asked a bunch of pretty specific sexual questions during games. We were very uncomfortable and then she got in our faces and sang the Party pooper song.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:27 PM

It was a game, but there were questions about positions and other stuff. Yes, I do realize that my son had sex to get her pregnant, I told him the facts of Life. But trying to visualize my son in a sexual position is not something his Grandmother or I am comfortable with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)