Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How in the hell do people get so much back on their tax returns?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know people expecting $10,000+ and they don't even work... Or if they do they don't make crap or much more than I do... I'm not complaining or jealous I'm seriously just curious... Anybody know?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I would be happy to get $20 back! Lol , I worked part time and I claimed 0, I have 1 child and I'm married. I have no idea how much I'll get back , if I do get any back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM

you have got my attention!!! i worked for a cleaning company but only 3 months. (not shit)  BUT i left there and clean randomly for people. (i got paid more, thats y i left the cleaning company) sooo how do i make that work!? i didnt think u can get shit back from doing ..as i would call it "under the table" "Side" jobs... im not paying into anything, i get handed cash...... OR am i missing something?!?! lol
please fill me in!! thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

i knew a girl who got back 5k last year and didn't work not even a day. she had a friend of hers who went to school do taxes, she did it for her, did a 1099 saying she cleaned houses all year, being that she had 2 kids she got money back. It actually pissed my husband and I off and he consider calling IRS on her. but we never did.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I'm wondering? Clearly must be some illegal shit going on..

Quoting Anonymous:

How do people who don't work receive an income tax return?

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Getting that much back without working is absurd. Unless they being claimed by others. I get a refund, but that's because I get taxed hardcore. Not 10k though... That would be fun!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM
6 moms liked this
Keep this on the DL, mmmkay ?

Married
3 kids
Mortgage
Child care
Medical expenses
Education credits

Just to name a few. I feel like I'm forgetting something, but that gives you an idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Claim zero all year, child tax credit we have 3 students so you get a credit for having children who are in school. We are only able to claim 3 kids though because after 3 kids child tax credit no longer applies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this

10k +back?

I call BS on their part or yours for posting.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know people expecting $10,000+ and they don't even work... Or if they do they don't make crap or much more than I do... I'm not complaining or jealous I'm seriously just curious... Anybody know?

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:09 AM
3 moms liked this

We claim 0 all year and then get a lot back. We like it that way, otherwise we never seem to get enough saved for that one big purchase we want/need to make. 

bluerose26
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Bump marking my Spot
momwith2monkeys
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM
i am not sure how she went about it but i know she did a 1099, self-employment. she claim her cleaning supplies as deductions and gas to get to and from jobs. with having kids and making enough to get EIC she was able to get 5k back. you need to talk to someone who knows how to do taxes. and maybe they can help you do it.
Quoting Anonymous:

you have got my attention!!! i worked for a cleaning company but only 3 months. (not shit)  BUT i left there and clean randomly for people. (i got paid more, thats y i left the cleaning company) sooo how do i make that work!? i didnt think u can get shit back from doing ..as i would call it "under the table" "Side" jobs... im not paying into anything, i get handed cash...... OR am i missing something?!?! lol
please fill me in!! thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

i knew a girl who got back 5k last year and didn't work not even a day. she had a friend of hers who went to school do taxes, she did it for her, did a 1099 saying she cleaned houses all year, being that she had 2 kids she got money back. It actually pissed my husband and I off and he consider calling IRS on her. but we never did.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I'm wondering? Clearly must be some illegal shit going on..

Quoting Anonymous:

How do people who don't work receive an income tax return?

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Same with us. Only about to have 2 :)

Quoting hollyandjason:

We file zero all year so they take the max out in taxes, we also have 3 kids and a house

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN