Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How in the hell do people get so much back on their tax returns?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know people expecting $10,000+ and they don't even work... Or if they do they don't make crap or much more than I do... I'm not complaining or jealous I'm seriously just curious... Anybody know?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Replies (691-697):
countrymomma81
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM

They claim single and zero all year long and then at the end claim married and 2. 

That's what my friend does. Her husband makes over $75,000 but they end up with about $9,000 back every year. They have two kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:33 PM
We both claim zero all year and at tax time we have 3 kids. I'd rather get back the money in a lump sum cause I'd blow it if I got a little back each check.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people claim zero on thier work forms which is like giving the government an interest free loan.

Also there are other credits for other things like adoption and such, plus the EIC which are for people with a low taxable income.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I wouldn't choose to loan the government anything, since they don't return the favor.

Quoting Anonymous:

We both claim zero all year and at tax time we have 3 kids. I'd rather get back the money in a lump sum cause I'd blow it if I got a little back each check.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people claim zero on thier work forms which is like giving the government an interest free loan.

Also there are other credits for other things like adoption and such, plus the EIC which are for people with a low taxable income.

plainjane55
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Dependents

Patty24momof5
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:48 PM

IT'S NOT FROM TONS OF KIDS LOL,I HAVE 5 AND YOU ONLY GET EIC OR CHILD TAX CREDIT FOR 3 and it's always been this way. It's not being over the bracket for EIC AND NOT BEING UNDER DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH YOU MAKE AND DEPENDANTS THAT EQUALS WHAT U GET BACK IN EIC THATS WHERE MOST PEOPLES MONEY BACK COMES FROM.

EXAMPLE IF YOU MADE ROUGHLY 13000,AND HAD 3 KIDS YOU'D GET BACK AROUND 5000.00. BUT IF YOU'VE MADE MORE AND PAID IN MORE TAXES WELL YOU GET THOSE BACK TOO SOOO YEA..WILL BE EVEN MORE..YOU FOLLOWING?

donnatelo80
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:45 PM

this is my first year filing with my house and second with my son, I would really like to know what all is needed to take to file? I have not worked since November of 2012 so I have no idea what all would be needed to take with me for tax purposes. Guess maybe I should talk to a tax consultant about these questions. lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I went a year without work and they told me I couldn't file because I didn't have anything to file on

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what I'm wondering? Clearly must be some illegal shit going on..

Quoting Anonymous:

How do people who don't work receive an income tax return?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)