Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taxes Help!! please and thank you!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

So ill just get to the point, been reading around on some of these other taxes posts. and im trying to get the most money i can.. just like any one else! i have 1 kid. ill be claiming her.  i only worked about 3 months for at cleaning company ,and of course paid into taxes, well i left there to do my own cleaning because i made more. but i dont pay into taxes, ive just always considered it a "under the table job" type thing.  never thought id get anything out of it when it came to tax time. but now ive been reading about 1099? (what ever that is) and saying i can do self employment etc. basically tell them i was working for myself or what? im sorta lost and dont know what to do (also.. my dad does my taxes) but heres where it gets stickyish... (please no bashing..do what i got to do)... i get child care assistance. for my "self employed job"... she goes the days i work just like anyone else. BUT i tell child care assistance i work for a "guy"..they have his name etc. number. blah blah. he basically "sets me up" with the houses i clean..like he organizes it for me.. hes the guy who "knows the right people" i dont know if what im doing is completely wrong but im just telling you what i do so maybe someone can help me out. i dont get check stubs from him. i get paid cash. how would i go about this.. i just dont want to get in trouble really. and im not trying to do anything "wrong" just want advise. or just dont tell them about my "side work" and only mention my 3 months at the "real job" where i did pay in.  Thanks for any advise!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:05 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:05 AM
You need to report all your income, the wages from three months of work as well as your cash earnings as self-employment income. Do you have any out of pocket expenses for the self-employment income? The only problem with self-employment is you don't have taxes withheld so when you file your return you will bbe paying into social security and medicare. You might also end up with a balance due. It would be a good idea to pay quarterly estimated tax payments to the IRS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:05 AM

bump

Audreysmommy123
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Yep you'll ned to fil out a 1099 and basically you'll be paying in..what a lot of people do is open a seperate bank account and put a little bit inside of there at a time for tax time. Talk to yourtax person they will ezplain everything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)