Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o of rape post

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you expect your SO to do?

Options:

take you home

if you have a room you're staying in, hang with you in there

drop you in a room and go back to the party

drop you in a room and not check in on you again

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

So, lets say you go to a party with your significant other

They say they will be the DD, and they keep getting you drinks.

You have too much to drink, what do you expect your SO to do?

* I will post my reasoning after I get a few votes*

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11 Baby~ EDA 1/27/13

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM

take me home?

mommaoftwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:08 AM

This woman says that her DF kept giving her drinks, which she accepted. She came too in a bedroom, naked, with DF's best buddy about to rape her. DF was not even in the house.

Some people are saying that this is her fault, she should not have had too much to drink. I like to think that most people are with people that they generally trust. If I accidently had too much to drink, and my dh was sober, I would completely expect him to take me home, or watch over me.

LoriaAnn
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM
This actually happens everytime I drink...SO only drinks maybe once or twice a year and always at home...any time we go out, I'm free to get as drunk as I want because I always know he will get me home safely.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM

maybe someone slipped something into her drink?

Quoting mommaoftwo:

This woman says that her DF kept giving her drinks, which she accepted. She came too in a bedroom, naked, with DF's best buddy about to rape her. DF was not even in the house.

Some people are saying that this is her fault, she should not have had too much to drink. I like to think that most people are with people that they generally trust. If I accidently had too much to drink, and my dh was sober, I would completely expect him to take me home, or watch over me.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

LiDoMama
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Take me home, but this would never happen. I only drink more than one drink at home. Otherwise, if I'm out, its one and done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaoftwo
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:12 AM

If someone did, it was her DF, because he kept bringing her the drinks

She actually thinks that her DF set it up, which is a whole different story. I am just trying to find out what the general concensus is, if a woman has too much to drink at a party, and is with her DF who is sober, if it is clearly her fault for potentially getting raped, because she drank too much and her DF left her in a room.

Quoting LucyHourglass:

maybe someone slipped something into her drink?

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11 Baby~ EDA 1/27/13

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Take me home, or stay with me if we're renting a room or something.
Kaya529
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:18 AM
It is your SO/DF/DH should be taking care of you. The girl trusted him and he betrayed her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bird16_J
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:18 AM

For me I KNOW I can trust my husband to get me home safely and NOT let anything happen to me. He's done it before and I would trust him to do it again. Unfortunately not all guys are like that even if said person says they trust them. For the post you're talking about, honestly if I were in her shoes I wouldn't have trusted him. Especially if he was cheating on her! My ex was cheating on me and I didn't trust him as far as I could throw him! I am VERY sorry that happened to her but if I had been her and I suspected him of cheating on me I sure as hell wouldn't have trusted him. But that's just how I am. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me! I wouldn't take drinks from him because my thinking is if you cheat on me you're lying to me and don't care about me and if you don't care about then you don't care what would happen to me!

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Tony would put less and less alcohol in each drink so that I would not know I was drinking virgin drinks by the end of the night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)