Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do people quote the orginal post in their reply??

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM
  • 35 Replies
Especially when it's a super long post. Unless you are quoting it to prove a point by under lining what they said or something. I don't know it's just weird. I'm sure somebody will quote my post just to be a biotch : D
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I agree and bloody annoying

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM

So the OP will see it.

Quoting babyboy117:

Especially when it's a super long post. Unless you are quoting it to prove a point by under lining what they said or something. I don't know it's just weird. I'm sure somebody will quote my post just to be a biotch : D

skittlefart
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:06 AM

To be a 'biotch'  :) 

Quoting babyboy117:

100_2740_zps5829069a-1_zpsb5588e7c
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably because the person quoting the OP is speaking specifically to them.  When I'm answering in a thread, I quote the person that I'm talking to which is rarely the OP.  I can't quite figure out why OP's think everyone is talking to them because they are not.  Unless I specifically quote an OP, whatever I'm saying is a general statement to everyone, not just the OP.  

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM

right? i think that is kinda annoying too..

babyboy117
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Lol thanks : p atleast my post isn't super duper long though.

Quoting skittlefart:

Quoting babyboy117:

skittlefart
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:08 AM

oh of co

urse dear. o.o then that would be super annoying....

Quoting babyboy117:

Lol thanks : p atleast my post isn't super duper long though.

Quoting skittlefart:

Quoting babyboy117:

wouldn't it <.<.....lol

100_2740_zps5829069a-1_zpsb5588e7c
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
happy41ce
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Because I can! Why do people bitch about stupid shit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I asked this same question a couple weeks ago lol and it went POOF because it's against the rules to speak negatively about the almighty CM and it's members..
babyboy117
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:11 AM
But if you're not quoting another reply ...then to me it's kinda obvious you're talking to OP. I can also see if you are quoting somethong op said in the replies. But to quote the ORIGINAL post is just..ehhh. Ya know? But whatever lol. There's nothing interesting in here tonite so I thought I would just point that out. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably because the person quoting the OP is speaking specifically to them.  When I'm answering in a thread, I quote the person that I'm talking to which is rarely the OP.  I can't quite figure out why OP's think everyone is talking to them because they are not.  Unless I specifically quote an OP, whatever I'm saying is a general statement to everyone, not just the OP.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)