Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Migraines HELP please

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok so almost a year ago I started suffering from migraines I would get them every morning on my left side. Well they slowed down and I would only get them once a week or so. Well for the past week I have been getting them every day about 6-7 times a day and wake up 3 times from them they are so severe I feel like crying and I get very nauseas. I have never experienced migrains this bad and constent like this. I take some pain meds and it will lighten it up but it wont go fully away all day. Ive even tried allergy meds and it doesnt work.
I have no insurance and start my new job on tues so no money. I cant handle them any more. Ive been feeling sick every day, my speech has been off for some time, when the migrain gets worst my eyes get blurry.
Any ever expierenced this? Any advice please!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM
My kids live with their dad right now so they kicked me off saying that since i did not have a minor living with me i couldnt be on it. Will a free clinic do cat scans?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you really need to see a doctor. Can you get Medicaid or go to a free clinic?

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Money or not please go get checked...that is not typical...sounds like more than a migraine

Jers.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Are you sure they are migraines?  Too many people self-diagnose incorrectly - you should really see a doctor.  What you are describing doesn't sound like a migraine.  I've been dealing with them for years since my car accident.

Go to the ER and they will let you pay in installments, plus you could probably get a discount.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Ummm so was i

Quoting Anonymous:

Im being serious.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get them bad too and if I do something like run or spin around I get a major headache,im freaking out too

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM

IDK but I really think you need one. I had one when I kept having migraines so bad. You could try the ER when you have a really bad one and they might do one. They also might just give you meds and say it's not an emergency. I went to the ER for stomach pain and they did a CT and found the problem but also found spots on my liver and said that I needed an MRI but they wouldn't do it because it wasn't an emergency.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids live with their dad right now so they kicked me off saying that since i did not have a minor living with me i couldnt be on it. Will a free clinic do cat scans?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you really need to see a doctor. Can you get Medicaid or go to a free clinic?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM
My late aunt had migraines and she had a none cancerous brain tumor. My aunt died of lung cancer instead.
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

As soon as you said your speech was off that was a HUGE red flag for me.  That is one of the symptoms of a brain tumor.  I know more about this than what I ever wanted to.  My 10 year old daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer 6 months ago yesterday.  Please get to an ER as soon as possible and do not leave without a CAT scan. 

KeriAZ
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Are u feeling weak on one side? U said ur speech is off and to me as an EMT tells me u might be having a stroke. I'd advise u to call 911 and tell them u might be having one. Go to the ER now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Ya at first i didnt think anything of it just laughed it off but alot of the time when i talk i sound like i get tounge tide.

Quoting melakay1981:

As soon as you said your speech was off that was a HUGE red flag for me.  That is one of the symptoms of a brain tumor.  I know more about this than what I ever wanted to.  My 10 year old daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer 6 months ago yesterday.  Please get to an ER as soon as possible and do not leave without a CAT scan. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM
My speech has been off since the migraines started i dont feel weak just in pain. As of course it flares up as im typing this. Id go but df is asleep and has to be up in 4hrs.

Quoting KeriAZ:

Are u feeling weak on one side? U said ur speech is off and to me as an EMT tells me u might be having a stroke. I'd advise u to call 911 and tell them u might be having one. Go to the ER now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured