Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Migraines HELP please

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok so almost a year ago I started suffering from migraines I would get them every morning on my left side. Well they slowed down and I would only get them once a week or so. Well for the past week I have been getting them every day about 6-7 times a day and wake up 3 times from them they are so severe I feel like crying and I get very nauseas. I have never experienced migrains this bad and constent like this. I take some pain meds and it will lighten it up but it wont go fully away all day. Ive even tried allergy meds and it doesnt work.
I have no insurance and start my new job on tues so no money. I cant handle them any more. Ive been feeling sick every day, my speech has been off for some time, when the migrain gets worst my eyes get blurry.
Any ever expierenced this? Any advice please!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Yeah you should get to the hospital like right now.  It is very dangerous, had we waited much longer and my daughter would have went in a coma and passed in her sleep.  She had a blood clot the size of an orange on her brain.  I hope I am scaring you enough to get your butt to the hospital.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya at first i didnt think anything of it just laughed it off but alot of the time when i talk i sound like i get tounge tide.

Quoting melakay1981:

As soon as you said your speech was off that was a HUGE red flag for me.  That is one of the symptoms of a brain tumor.  I know more about this than what I ever wanted to.  My 10 year old daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer 6 months ago yesterday.  Please get to an ER as soon as possible and do not leave without a CAT scan. 

MommyLanie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM

These don't sound like regular migraines.  I have suffered with migraines my entire life.  It sounds like you might have a tumor. You need to see a doctor ASAP!!  Go to the ER you can work out a payment plan once the bill comes.  

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/brain-tumor/DS00281/DSECTION=symptoms

KeriAZ
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I wouldn't wait.

Quoting Anonymous:

My speech has been off since the migraines started i dont feel weak just in pain. As of course it flares up as im typing this. Id go but df is asleep and has to be up in 4hrs.

Quoting KeriAZ:

Are u feeling weak on one side? U said ur speech is off and to me as an EMT tells me u might be having a stroke. I'd advise u to call 911 and tell them u might be having one. Go to the ER now.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:08 AM
You need to see a doc. Try topamax its a daily pill to help prevent them it really helps me. The thing is though with migraines that what works for one person won't work for another. Not everyone's triggers are the same either. I drink coffee it helps. Excedrin migraine too.

Chart what you did each day, what you ate, etc. See if there is something that stands out that is the same all the time and try to cut it out. For example when pregnant with my first child I couldn't eat cheese, it would give me a migraine (only happened when pregnant with him how weird is that.) Are you more stressed then normal?

Really you just need to see a doctor
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Im terrified but no way there till tomorrow afternoon df wont take me now he has to work in 4hrs i cant drive.

Quoting melakay1981:

Yeah you should get to the hospital like right now.  It is very dangerous, had we waited much longer and my daughter would have went in a coma and passed in her sleep.  She had a blood clot the size of an orange on her brain.  I hope I am scaring you enough to get your butt to the hospital.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya at first i didnt think anything of it just laughed it off but alot of the time when i talk i sound like i get tounge tide.

Quoting melakay1981:

As soon as you said your speech was off that was a HUGE red flag for me.  That is one of the symptoms of a brain tumor.  I know more about this than what I ever wanted to.  My 10 year old daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer 6 months ago yesterday.  Please get to an ER as soon as possible and do not leave without a CAT scan. 

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Is your speech just off or is your mouth numb? My tongue goes numb sometimes with a migraine as well as parts of my face and my arm and this is normal as well as the "aura" or blurry vision.
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:13 AM

If your head is hurting and your speech is off it could be something very serious, does your df not get sick days?  You need to wake him up and tell him you need to be seen or call a friend, family member, knock on a neighbors door, cab, anything.  You really need to be seen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im terrified but no way there till tomorrow afternoon df wont take me now he has to work in 4hrs i cant drive.

Quoting melakay1981:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting melakay1981:

momof3ak
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had migraines for over ten years. Never had slurred speech but lost my vision and went to the ER and the found out my spinal pressure was too high and drained some of it with a spinal tap. I suggest the ER. Take a cab?call a friend?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Its just off i sound like i get tounge tide

Quoting Summerlion1123:

Is your speech just off or is your mouth numb? My tongue goes numb sometimes with a migraine as well as parts of my face and my arm and this is normal as well as the "aura" or blurry vision.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Consistant vision disturbances and affected speech is NOT normal.

You need to be seen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)