Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Migraines HELP please

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ok so almost a year ago I started suffering from migraines I would get them every morning on my left side. Well they slowed down and I would only get them once a week or so. Well for the past week I have been getting them every day about 6-7 times a day and wake up 3 times from them they are so severe I feel like crying and I get very nauseas. I have never experienced migrains this bad and constent like this. I take some pain meds and it will lighten it up but it wont go fully away all day. Ive even tried allergy meds and it doesnt work.
I have no insurance and start my new job on tues so no money. I cant handle them any more. Ive been feeling sick every day, my speech has been off for some time, when the migrain gets worst my eyes get blurry.
Any ever expierenced this? Any advice please!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Replies (31-40):
heavenly1462
by Jessica on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this
This. I have been getting them for 15 years. That sounds like more than a migraine. Especially since it keeps changing in duration and frequency. Could be a tumor or an aneurysm. Please go get checked NOW.

Quoting Jers.:

Are you sure they are migraines?  Too many people self-diagnose incorrectly - you should really see a doctor.  What you are describing doesn't sound like a migraine.  I've been dealing with them for years since my car accident.

Go to the ER and they will let you pay in installments, plus you could probably get a discount.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Being a paramedic, I don't suggest this often but call 911.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im terrified but no way there till tomorrow afternoon df wont take me now he has to work in 4hrs i cant drive.

Quoting melakay1981:

Yeah you should get to the hospital like right now.  It is very dangerous, had we waited much longer and my daughter would have went in a coma and passed in her sleep.  She had a blood clot the size of an orange on her brain.  I hope I am scaring you enough to get your butt to the hospital.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya at first i didnt think anything of it just laughed it off but alot of the time when i talk i sound like i get tounge tide.

Quoting melakay1981:

As soon as you said your speech was off that was a HUGE red flag for me.  That is one of the symptoms of a brain tumor.  I know more about this than what I ever wanted to.  My 10 year old daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer 6 months ago yesterday.  Please get to an ER as soon as possible and do not leave without a CAT scan. 

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Sounds like a cluster migraine. I had exactly what you described except it went on for 2 months. Needless to say I was worthless as a human being. I funky got relief from an experimental treatment. It was Oxygen. A Dr had heard that using Oxygen for about 20min reduced the migraine symptoms. And I had several treatments and it worked great especially when paired with sumatriptan succinate. I hope this helps a lil bit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Me too! If I do something vigorous where my head moves around I get a major headache too!

Quoting Anonymous:

I get them bad too and if I do something like run or spin around I get a major headache,im freaking out too
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:25 AM
ER. The migraines require prescription strength meds.
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Then that's probably not normal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its just off i sound like i get tounge tide

Quoting Summerlion1123:

Is your speech just off or is your mouth numb? My tongue goes numb sometimes with a migraine as well as parts of my face and my arm and this is normal as well as the "aura" or blurry vision.

Jeanetts
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Maybe try chiropractic care. Something could be pinching a nerve in your upper cervial spine causing the headache and weird speech. Give it a try. Many chiropractors in my town give free or reduced screenings. Call around to get a deal.
heavenly1462
by Jessica on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Any updates? Did you go get seen?
Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM

If your speech is messed up, it might not be migraines. I know that my migraines decreased a lot when I stopped using artificial sweetener. I hope you feel better. I know no insurance sucks, but you should really go to the ER the next time you have a really bad one. The speech thing concerns me.

Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I've had migraines for 26 years. I take Imitrex
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured