Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your stepchildren call you?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

I answered the phone tonight when my adult ss called. I got a "Hi Pooh" lol That is what he dubbed me at four years old and that is still what he calls me twenty one years later. 

I never expected him to call me mom, he has one. Ironically, his mom and I have the same first name. He said to me one day, he was four, "I feel funny calling you Jen because that is Mommy's name." So I asked him what he would like to call me. His answer was "Pooh" At the time, he watched his Winnie the Pooh VHS tape every day. I asked, "why?" He said "because you are stuffed with fluffies. Even when you are mad, you aren't REALLY mad." To this day, I am Pooh. 

What do your step kids call you?   

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Bitch
Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Bitch

really? sad

lovehimforever
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM
By my name
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:56 AM
yes or whore, I did steal their dad from their mom so to be expected.

Quoting Jynnifer292:

Quoting Anonymous:

Bitch

really? sad

starmoonlight
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:56 AM
My daughter from a previous relationship calls her stepmom by her name which is Angie.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Fatal_Frost
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Mom! No... actually, they call me by my name... I've always told them to call me what theyre comfortable with, and luckily at 18 and 14 its still my first name and not a curse word
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
2 moms liked this
That's funny. SS's mom and I have the same first name and at 3, he asked what he was supposed to call me because Kelly was his mommy's name. I told him he can call me whatever he felt comfortable with, and he came up with "stinky girl" His mom had neglected to brush his teeth and he ended up losing his four front ones, so he learned to talk funny. "Stinky girl" came out sounding like "neeba" because he would say it so fast most of the time. He's 8 now and I'm still his Neeba
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper

Mama

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM

aww that is so sweet! lol. though i would feel really weird being called pooh.  my ex married someone with my same first name so i know how that goes lol.  

my SD calls me "mommy _-my first name-_".  it just kinda worked out that way because she was already calling her new step dad "daddy _his name_".  it's funny, for the life of me i can't remember what she called me before that....  maybe "miss _my name_", but i can't remember for sure. i know we didn't let her call me by just my first name.  

DS calles DH by his first name.  he's working his way around to dad. 

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

Mom! No... actually, they call me by my name... I've always told them to call me what theyre comfortable with, and luckily at 18 and 14 its still my first name and not a curse word

'tis a good thing lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)