Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Do You Do Different Raising Your Kids Than Your

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM
  • 108 Replies

Parents did raising you?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:01 AM

When I had my son, I raised him the same way that I was raised. I didn't change anything, about the way I raised him.

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:02 AM
3 moms liked this
Not suck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't really think of anything I do different but my oldest is only 4 and I don't remember much from then.

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Give them hugs and lots of love. My parents weren't affectionate at all. I'm totally different with my children. I wish it was different for us growing up but I can't change the past. I can only look towards the future :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't beat them.

DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting moosesmom:

Give them hugs and lots of love. My parents weren't affectionate at all. I'm totally different with my children. I wish it was different for us growing up but I can't change the past. I can only look towards the future :-)

It sounds like you are doing a great job.

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I am involved. So many things, it would take me forever to list.

Jers.
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Everything!  I do the opposite of everything she did and my kids are better for it.

DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't beat them.

I'm very sorry that you had to go through that. No child should have to go through getting beatten.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I use a proper carseat for one. I remember being as little as two years old and sitting in my mom's lap in the car. It is different now than when I was a baby and toddler. There were seats available but the information is more easily accessed, the knowledge is spread, and more parents are aware of the stricter guidlines they have today that were not out when I was young.

I breastfeed, my mother chose to formula feed because she was working full time and it worked for her to formula feed us. 

When my siblings were older, mom was a sahm. By the time I came along, mom was working. I am a sahm and do not have plans to go to work outside the home anytime soon. I do plan to homeschool if it will work for us, but we arenot at that stage yet to need a set curriculum. 

Aside from that, I parent very much like I was raised, and it is working so far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)