Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Come on! Be honest! Are you a better...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Mother than your own mother? In your opinion?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
emptyreliquary
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I don't work as hard but I'm more compassionate. I listen better, but the meals I cook are not as elaborate. I'm not the same mother as my mom, but we both make good mothers. Though she did scar me emotionally, obviously it was some things I could recover from and love her to this day. I hope I can keep from making her worst mistakes. 

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:31 AM
No. I think we're pretty similar.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:32 AM
In some ways, yes. But, she did a lot of things that I don't do that were cool. She took me and my friends everywhere and let me have crazy sleep overs and slumber parties. She also spoiled me rotten and spent a lot more money on me than I ever spend on my kids. She was and is a good mom. But, she was also a total pushover. I thought it was fantastic, as a kid. But, I did a lot of stupid stuff as a kid and young adult, as a result. It's not her fault, at all. But I work really hard to make sure my kids don't get away with any of the crap I got away with! I love my mom and had a great childhood. I have just learned from her mistakes. I hope my kids will do the same! And, believe me, I make mistakes!
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:33 AM

yes. my mom wasn't really much of a mom  until i was grown.  even now we have more of a friend relationship mom/daughter.  and it took a very long time to get here.

Jebekarue
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:33 AM

No, not that I don't think I am good mother, my mom was the best. 

Raised 5 kids, no one ended up as a pregnant teen, no drugs, no one in jail, we are all happy, normal, law abiding adults.

Not that I have had any of those problems with my kids but to raise 5 kids and have all live into their 40's have children of their own and none of us are trouble so to speak, I would say she did a HELL of a job :) 

I sure do miss her, she passed away 7-19-2007 and I still want to pick up the phone to "ask or tell Mom"

My Dad is awesome too :)  he tolerated 4 girls!!!

candyrow
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:33 AM
I am,but she is a brilliant grandma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Hell yes, I am way better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:34 AM

I hope I develop her patience!!! Not much seemed to bother my mom growing up except money. We were never abused or neglected by mom. She loves us dearly with her life.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Yes!

armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Hell yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN