Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My pastor was arrested in a prostitution sting ....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I just found out my pastor was arrested in a prostitution sting 3-4 years ago in another state. Mugshot available and everything. He is open about the topic and briefly spoke about it in a previous sermon (his sex addiction). It didn't really dawn on me the full extent  of the situation until I googled his name tonight.

I really enjoy this church, but now I may have a different outlook. Shoot, I shouldn't even judge... however this is a bit disturbing. Would you go back to this church after finding out this information? Should I just move on and overlook it? How do you feel about it? My husband says we are all sinners and it makes him seem more "realistic." Sigh, just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.

PS: Im embarrased to tell my friends or family that dont attend his church his name in fear they might find out.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:48 AM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:11 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Time to find a new church! I agree with you. A pastor should be beyond approach. Some of the churches I've attended would not even let a divorced man be a deacon (no matter the reason for the divorce) because of this. I know everyone is a sinner, but we rely on our leaders to LEAD, not be caught up in their own struggles with sin.

wumbo
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Wow. Good thing you're not a Christian. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Time to find a new church! I agree with you. A pastor should be beyond approach. Some of the churches I've attended would not even let a divorced man be a deacon (no matter the reason for the divorce) because of this. I know everyone is a sinner, but we rely on our leaders to LEAD, not be caught up in their own struggles with sin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Hmmmm....I would be torn on this. On the one hand it shows he is a real person with a real past just like the rest of us. That makes him more relatable to me. On the other hand .....PROSTITUTION STING!!!! O_o IDK if I could get past that part of it.
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this

every one makes mistakes, even "men of God" (pastors, priests and nuns... etc)

It was 3-4 years ago, not yesterday. Hopefully, he has learned from his mistakes and moved on. I would continue to go to his church and remember, we are all human.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:28 AM

He has a past and has moved past it. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't find another church if I enjoyed that one.

AuntFib
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:29 AM

I'm not a religious person, but I DO believe that a person who faces their faults and deals with them deserves to let the past go; just as someone who goes to confession or someone who is saved and baptized. 

You said this happened 3 - 4 years ago.  You said you really enjoy that church.  The only thing that has changed about your pastor or your church is the new knowledge you have gained. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Care to elaborate on that? In fact, I AM a Christian.

Quoting wumbo:

Wow. Good thing you're not a Christian. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Adored45
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Face it Sister....Churches are another name for business as usual...Please look at the history of so many" men of the cloth"...go if you want, but don't close your eyes to pray...you might get your purse stolen or you may get goosed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN