Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Panic attack problem

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:22 AM
  • 4 Replies

So I been having panic attacks since I could remember. And it's not easy to tell my anyone about it. So I just experience my first atack I front of my 6 month bf. he frieked out. Saying what's that! Why do u have that! That's not normal. And he walked out of the room. Saying that's crazy, I'm here shaking after my attack speechless. How do I explain to him what's going on??

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ExpectingAubri
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:24 AM
He probably freaked out because he was scared/worried about you, just talk to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, that is a really inconsiderate reaction. I have a lot of anxiety and have panic attacks in certain situations. So does my DH. It doesn't make you crazy...
Just tell him what it is. Explain what causes it and what your triggers are, if you know. He needs to not make you feel guilty or badly about it. Its something some people suffer with like so many other things.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:22 AM

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2006/explaining-panic-disorder-to-your-friends/all/1/

livric
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:31 AM

what an ass!!!!  A LOT of people suffer from panic attacks!!  I did for a while and went on meds for a year and a half.  I am a lot better now but there are times I can feel that feeling again.   I am sorry that he said that to you...  I really hope you can get some help for them though....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN