Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is bullsh**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
I got into an accident last week and the cops were called, today out of no where I get a text message from one of the cops that were on the scene. He texted me to see if I was doing ok, (let me just add that this was a fender bender, no big deal at all) he wanted to know if I was doing ok, I said I'm doing fine thanks for asking, and basically asked him if this was normal procedure for police to text on minor accidents and he said no and just wanted to "double check" that I'm ok.
My boyfriend saw the text and flipped out, it's not my fault that he texted me. I was going to politely ask him not to text me back and my bf is all mad at me that I'm not being a bitch to the guy. I understand that this isn't normal procedure and he was out of line but I'm just not a rude person. Now my boyfriend wants to go to the police station tomorrow and talk to his boss. ( I saw he had a wedding ring on) even though it's wrong for him to be married and texting me I feel horrible what if he got in trouble with work, what if that affects his family?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
horseap
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:19 AM

=/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:21 AM

who cares if he gets in trouble??  He shouldnt be taking your phone number home from work to text you.  That's not right. It's creepy.  He should be held accountable for his actions (because he KNOWS that he's not supposed to do it).

NBean311
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Maybe he didn't have any dubious intentions. Maybe he really did just want to make sure you were ok. There might have been something about you or the accident that concerned him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:24 AM
I agree it is creepy and unprofessional, however I wouldn't want to get someone in trouble with their job because if something small like that. It's inappropriate for him to text me, yes but idk I just feel bad either way

Quoting Anonymous:

who cares if he gets in trouble??  He shouldnt be taking your phone number home from work to text you.  That's not right. It's creepy.  He should be held accountable for his actions (because he KNOWS that he's not supposed to do it).

angeleyes16
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:26 AM

I would be weired out, but probably wouldn't do anything about it unless he kept texting me. Your bf sounds like a jealous asshole. My dh would be concerned if the officer didn't respect my wishes of not texting me anymore. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:26 AM
My dent on my car got popped out in 2 minutes, it was the tiniest little bang and i was going under 15 mph. He admitted to me that it is not part of procedure to follow up with me.

Quoting NBean311:

Maybe he didn't have any dubious intentions. Maybe he really did just want to make sure you were ok. There might have been something about you or the accident that concerned him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:27 AM

What if you are the 58th woman he has done this to?  What if he's used his position to intimidate other women?  What if you speaking up is the only way to get him to stop?

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree it is creepy and unprofessional, however I wouldn't want to get someone in trouble with their job because if something small like that. It's inappropriate for him to text me, yes but idk I just feel bad either way

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:28 AM
Actually my bf is a HUGE jealous asshole, this is like the 5th time he's made a huge deal about nothing. Yes it was inappropriate of the officer to text me but still. So he and I are in a fight and the shitty part is, is I didn't even freakin do anything

Quoting angeleyes16:

I would be weired out, but probably wouldn't do anything about it unless he kept texting me. Your bf sounds like a jealous asshole. My dh would be concerned if the officer didn't respect my wishes of not texting me anymore. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Actually I thought about that. Problem is, this is military police so he is going to get in a lot of trouble for this crap if my boyfriend goes to his boss. An I saw that he's married, what if he had children. I just don't want any of this freakin drama

Quoting Anonymous:

What if you are the 58th woman he has done this to?  What if he's used his position to intimidate other women?  What if you speaking up is the only way to get him to stop?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Well r u in a small town??? Or a small sub.... Of some sort? Who knows, but I have never heard of that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)