Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Friend's Perfume Set off my Asthma

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

The SECOND she walked into the house, my lungs got a nice dose of her gawd awful rose oil concentrate perfume she was wearing...she literally stunk up my WHOLE house..i am VERY allergic to it...... i had to tell her to leave, as i was choking and coughing, trying to catch my breath and be able to breathe...she KNOWS i have horrid allergies to perfumes.......THanks a lot, just what i wanted, an asthma attack and possibly missing work if i can't get a handle on the wheezing.  Dr isn't open for 3 hours...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:38 AM
I'm sorry, that sucks:( Some people just don't think. Is your inhaler not wiring? Do you have a Neb?

*WORKING not wiring, God I need to switch keyboards:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thanush
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I got Asthma because of bruet's bees lip balm ( rose petal). I've never had adthma before, but I do have seasonal allergies, so I guess it triggered it. Who would have thought!

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Nice friend... NOT

Hope you feel better & get it under control
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Sorry hun, she probably wasnt thinking when she put it on. I wouldn't be pissed at her, just remind her that she can't wear perfume around you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Angie, is that you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:43 AM

yeah i have all that but with allergic astham like mine, the wheezing gets worse and worse as time goes on...the attack just doesn't come on once, and leave when it's under control...i suspect this attack could last another day or two before it's gone

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry, that sucks:( Some people just don't think. Is your inhaler not wiring? Do you have a Neb?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:44 AM
It's because of people like you that I NEVER tell people I have asthma. You're dramatic and attention seeking and you think people don't view it that way, but they do. You make a scene and you think people are feeling sorry for you but in reality they are whispering and laughing behind your back about what a drama queen you are.
my4kids274
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I hope you are able to get it under control OP.  My mom is infamous for wearing to much perfume.  I had to finally ask her to tone it down or not wear any at all around my youngest son.  It was actually causing him breathing issues also due to his asthma.  Thankfully my Mom had no problem with that. 

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Strong floral perfumes set off migraines for me.  Your friend sounds pretty inconsiderate. 

Feel better soon!

Elvis Presley Pictures, Images and Photos

tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I am sorry. I am that way with cig smoke. Last week I walked out of the grocery store and a woman was in a motorized cart puffing away. It pissed me off. There is a reason there is a no smoking zone around stores. My son is severely asthmatic and it was an issue in schools with some teachers. I also hate walking into department stores with the people who spray the perfumes the minute you walk by...vent. Good luck and hope this resolves quickly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)