Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anti Depressant... (Your experience)

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Jen
  • 16 Replies

I think I have posted something like this before: Sorry about that. lol

Well anyway, I take prozac I have anxiety and sometimes depression. If you take prozac; do you like/love/hate it??

I have taken it for a while, it seems to make me tired. Ex: I can sleep ALL the time (literally). Does this happen to you?? Im not sure if it's the drug I take OR that I work super ealy- but I still shouldn't be wanting to sleep all the time like this.

If you take something else, does this happen to you? Do you like it?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CutieCrab
by Jen on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:40 AM

BUMP

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:41 AM
It's making you a zombie ? Maybe its time for.a new medicine ? I don't have experience with Prozac. Sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I take pristiq. Made me drowsy at first but now after 6 months it doesn't seem to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I've taken several. Never Prozac. I'm on Zoloft now
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I take Xanax for anixity. Works much better than Prozac in my opinion. Prozac also made me extremely tired. Xanax can make you a bit tired, but I still function fine on it. I don't feel like sleeping all day as I did when I tried Prozac. 

I'm also on Ambilify daily. I take the ambilify in the AM and the xanax when needed. 

Talk to your doctor to find a better combination. You should be tired all the time.

Megan11587
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you exercise regularly? That will help with the sleepiness and anxiety and depression symptoms.
CutieCrab
by Jen on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Yes I exercise regularly. I am obsessed with working out actually. The prozac helps with the anxiety and depression for the most part.

Quoting Megan11587:

Do you exercise regularly? That will help with the sleepiness and anxiety and depression symptoms.

CutieCrab
by Jen on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Thank you! I will talk to my doctor about this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I take Xanax for anixity. Works much better than Prozac in my opinion. Prozac also made me extremely tired. Xanax can make you a bit tired, but I still function fine on it. I don't feel like sleeping all day as I did when I tried Prozac. 

I'm also on Ambilify daily. I take the ambilify in the AM and the xanax when needed. 

Talk to your doctor to find a better combination. You should be tired all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
DH takes med for depression and anxiety. His job keeps his out and about during the day as soon as his head hits the pillow he is out. He wasn't like that before he started taking them. They do help though.
CutieCrab
by Jen on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:58 AM

So I jsut emailed my doctor. Because this cannot be normal. Even when my son is at his dad's for the weekend, I literally sleep ALL weekend...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)