Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

Sometimes I want to have my SIL committed. I am not sure of the proper terminology for whatever she has or if she is just ignorant. Here are some examples. 1. When MY daughter was getting married I asked her to help plan the reception. So she my other SIL and the nutcase were on 3 way (D) the crazy one says hold on I need to talk to my husband. So my SIL (C) and I continued talking thinking she was away from the phone at which time she called us bitches and cunts and said we are leaving her out of things. She began to cry and scream and pull out parts of her hair. Her little girl who was flower girl didn’t show up to rehearsal, and barely made the wedding. 2. She says she NEVER sleeps. HOWEVER she takes what she calls naps for 6 hours during the day. Then calls people randomly at 2 or 3 am. Her conversations go like this HER : What are you doing ME Nothing trying to sleep what are you doing Her oh I was just setting here reading I cooked such and such for supper Last night my kid did this and that I read a book What are you all doing? She CONSTANTLY repeats herself over and over 3. Friday her 7 year old came home and says mommy miss o my teacher was mean to me today. SO she goes on talking about this teacher tells her kid she’s going to the school Monday and talking to the bitch and she is gonna be sorry that she is treating her daughter this way. Tells the kid the teacher is out to get her, and is not being fair. And then says to me they are doing her like this because they aren’t rich and they are just all out to get her. 4. At dance practice my sil was there (at a closed practice) the teacher tells her kid pay attention which said kid never does. And my sil (D) gets up and starts yelling and screaming at the teacher in front of 30 other little girls. 5. Her mom is scitzo and has already been committed. If you are talking to her not only does she repeat herself she will talk about a subject and when you start to talk she will scream over Whatever you are saying and talk about a different subject. At Christmas she threw her plate of food because a family member didn’t want her photo taken and said we are all against her. 6. The most heart breaking issue. Her daughter was molested a few months ago by my mil’s husband who they knew was a convicted child molester already. Now the little girl tries to talk to people about what happened. If she says anything she gets grounded or yelled at. This happened in another town 2 hrs away. They will not put her in therapy and the other day she said the mans name and said I hate (&*((*( her mom says if you say that dirty word again I am gonna whoop you with a belt. WHAT CAN I DO? I am scared for my niece?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I have they did nothing. As for the molestation situation that man is in jail waiting trial. I am honestly scared because they dont want her to talk about it ever.

Quoting Roxy-girl:

Contact CPS.

jakesmom323
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:53 AM
That is so awful about your niece. I'm speechless. Some people should not have children and sadly you can't do much, I would think:( Just try to be a positive influence in her life and help the baby. Gosh.....that story is sad first thing in the morning:( I don't know much about CPS or anything, but that molesting is against the law and ge needs to be turned in. Please, if you do anything, please do something about that. Good luck sweetie
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:57 AM

He is in Jail and waiting for trial to begin, they did report is as soon as she told them. What pisses me off is that they knew he was convinced and was on the sex registry already. They took her around him anyway. I do not understand why the police or anyone else wont do anything to them. I have thought about calling her school as an anonymous person and telling them what the situation is. They have an on staff counselor.

Quoting jakesmom323:

That is so awful about your niece. I'm speechless. Some people should not have children and sadly you can't do much, I would think:( Just try to be a positive influence in her life and help the baby. Gosh.....that story is sad first thing in the morning:( I don't know much about CPS or anything, but that molesting is against the law and ge needs to be turned in. Please, if you do anything, please do something about that. Good luck sweetie

LoveMyKBabies
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I'd call CPS & see if they'll remove the daughter. To me it sounds like your SIL either has a serious mental problem or shes on drugs...maybe both. Tell CPS you think she needs to be evaluated & get help & give them the examples you gave us. Worry about your niece first though, get the poor girl therapy :( She should be able to talk about what happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Your SIL sounds like a paranoid schizophrenic. She needs professional help. However, if she is not violent or an obvious danger to herself or others, it will be nearly, if not totally, impossible to force her to get help.

I am sorry for the position you and your niece are in, but I'm not sure what to tell you to do. If the family can't/won't step in, then the only thing you can do is try to look out for your niece as much as possible, maybe even offering to keep her on weekends or something?

jakesmom323
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Good! That is soooo awful they took her around him. The calling the school sounds like a good thought, but I would be scared they would treat her different than the rest. Kids pick up on all that. I think if you think it will help, it's sweet of you to do anything to help. I said a prayer for that little girl. Stories like this tear me up so I can imagine how you feel.

Quoting Anonymous:

He is in Jail and waiting for trial to begin, they did report is as soon as she told them. What pisses me off is that they knew he was convinced and was on the sex registry already. They took her around him anyway. I do not understand why the police or anyone else wont do anything to them. I have thought about calling her school as an anonymous person and telling them what the situation is. They have an on staff counselor.

Quoting jakesmom323:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Thank you all, I will be back on in a bit to check for more responses as the SIL in question is on her way over to do laundry. I hope and pray I can keep my mouth shut and not set her off today. Truth is sometimes I almost lose it around her.

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM

going to the school is a good way to start .maybe that will get your niece into counseling, and, it can be determined ether the mom. is the problem or not.

this said SIL.. is she you husband's sister?  or is she your brother's wife? either case.. what does he think about the whole thing?

Michelle479
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Is there anyway you could take your niece out without her mom? Maybe give her a chance to talk. Reading this made me think of my aunt, she acts the same way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)