Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a weekend.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I am mentally exhausted today. This weekend was just bad. I found out my almost ten year old thinks she is the reason her daddy left. She seemed to think if she ran away he would come home. She thinks she is a disgrace to the family. I bawled like a baby on the floor with her and told her how much she means to me and that it isn't her fault her daddy left. I told her how upset I would be if she ever left. I told her she was beautiful, smart, talented, and the best kid I know.

Then in the middle of the night I get a weird call asking if I know where my husband has been staying. It was my first sergeant who called. So now I didn't sleep well last night on top of all else. I am waiting to find out what is going on.

I swear I am about to say screw being responsible with my tax return and take my kid to Disney World.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
barefootncrazy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Take them! It sounds like you all need to do something to get your mind off stuff. I'm sorry for what you all are going through. And I have been in your DD's shoes. I was 11 when he left. I feel for her :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:02 AM
I wish I could. But him leaving us left bills I will have to pay with the money. I do need to get us away from it all for a bit though.

Quoting barefootncrazy:

Take them! It sounds like you all need to do something to get your mind off stuff. I'm sorry for what you all are going through. And I have been in your DD's shoes. I was 11 when he left. I feel for her :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Take her to a day at a theme park at least. I was there last year. My ex left us. I have been explaining to my kids that we cannot MAKE anyone do anything. Its hard. I know.
alyssa1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I had a really rought weekend myself. My grandma passed away Thursday night.so saturday and sunday had to deal with visitation and the funeral.Hardest thing in my life I think.My grandparents raised me so in a way i was daughter #4 so its been a really rough weekend and going to be the next few days although I know its going to be hard from now on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)