Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWD :)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I recently got remarried to my best friend of 13 years. In the time he and I were friends we lived on seperate coasts, married and had children. We began a relationship after we both found ourselves divorced and sick of the dating scene lol. 

Well, his exwife and I have a great relationship because of the kids. Custody is split where my husband and I have them one week and her boyfriend and her have them the next. So communication is key and we do it really well. 

The weekend before I got married she asked to speak to me privately. We went in another room and she asked me if I was making her kids call me Mom & Mommy. I told her of course not, which I haven't.

We have had this discussion 2-3 other times in the past year and a half. Her kids tried to call me Mom and I stopped them and had them call me by my real name. But as time went I just gave up. They would not stop. It didn't help that the exwifes family were telling the kids that it was ok to call me mom to. So the exwife also gave up and just let the girls call me whatever they were going to call me. I think that now K and I are married its bugging her more. I have assured her hundreds of times that I will never take her away from her girls nor would I want to. My husband and i both grew up not knowing our moms and we would never do that to those girls. 

I told all of that ^^^ to her as well. She said that she would just make sure it didn't happen at her house then. In the meantime I have tried to keep it to where they call me by my real name or call me Mama.

Anyhow, my point in all this. Now she won't talk to us at all!! When she picks up the kids she texts that she is outside and would like us to send them out. Today she drops them off and refuses to come past the porch door. When the oldest girl asked her mom to come look at how I did my special needs son area she said, "I really have no interest in that!" Then ran to her car like her butt was on fire. Seriously, it was that fast! Normally she will come in and visit for like 5 minutes and gives my special needs son knuckles before she leaves.

If you were in my shoes would you attempt to talk to her about what is going on with her or let her just suck it up and get over it on her own? I'm totally on the fence. This has been going on since the weekend before Christmas!!!

BTW she is also bipolar and not on any meds. She uses an non med approach to handling it and usually does ok.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM

If she's not causing issues I'd let it go and move on.

My husbands ex was civil with me when we were dating and now that we are married she HATES me. Hates me for no reason at all. She's taken the route to try and get my step-daughters to dislike me also. It's causing major issues all around. 

I'd be happy if she would just ignore me and move on. If she's not causing issues don't start an issue. You don't need to be friends with the woman. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Great point!

Quoting Anonymous:

If she's not causing issues I'd let it go and move on.

My husbands ex was civil with me when we were dating and now that we are married she HATES me. Hates me for no reason at all. She's taken the route to try and get my step-daughters to dislike me also. It's causing major issues all around. 

I'd be happy if she would just ignore me and move on. If she's not causing issues don't start an issue. You don't need to be friends with the woman. 

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
She needs to suck it up and get over it, especially if nothing else has changed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)