Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After almost a year of being unemployed...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this
I got a babysitting job! I start tomorrow, its for SO's coworker (she has a 4 year old) and I can still be a SAHM (I'll be bringing DS with me).
So happy! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adhaodd1child
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Congrats
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations! Have fun.
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Awesome! I started babysitting last week....after 3 weeks of being unemployed. Lol. I watch the little girl at my house, so I still get to take care of my kiddos too. Considering my DD is just now 4 weeks(today), I wouldn't be released to go back to work anyhow. And after paying daycare for her and before/after school care for my two boys......I would bring home *maybe* $100/week.

That's what I make babysitting. I would much rather not have to spend 9 1/2 hours a day away from my newborn.
shannon.m.park
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

this is what i have been doing since september....

I get the luxuary of doing it my own home, I watch my SO's boss's 9 month old, and my 2 yr old nephew...

I love it because I am always available to those who need me, and I can continue my friendships more easily...

My SO hates it because it is 'always someone elses kid'... but knows its my dream to own a daycare so I think he is putting up with it until I realize Im crazy lol

ShanesMommy2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Yeah I'm only charging $30 a week (I get paid bi-weekly) because its only one kid & it wont be every day, only the days she works, and when her older kids are in school & cant watch the youngest.

Quoting JenB1983:

Awesome! I started babysitting last week....after 3 weeks of being unemployed. Lol. I watch the little girl at my house, so I still get to take care of my kiddos too. Considering my DD is just now 4 weeks(today), I wouldn't be released to go back to work anyhow. And after paying daycare for her and before/after school care for my two boys......I would bring home *maybe* $100/week.

That's what I make babysitting. I would much rather not have to spend 9 1/2 hours a day away from my newborn.
mama_carmel
1 mom liked this

Actually, now you are a WAHM!  :) Congrats!

smushy79
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

tossed
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! I am glad things are working out for you.

Eagle293
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Nice I run a daycare and It's great because I make about 2000 month and get to stay home with my kids. Ofcourse I could make more just choose not to have that many toddlers running around.
ShanesMommy2012
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Omg I almost cried when I read that! Lol :)

Quoting mama_carmel:

Actually, now you are a WAHM!  :) Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)