Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH broke my phone out of anger. forgive or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
So dh and i where layimg down in bed arguing. I was looking at my phone and didn't hear what he said so i asked. He got upset and threw my phone against the wall( one he got me for christmas. Broke the on and off button) so i was angry and got up to go, but he hugged me and held me down ( i think he didn't want me to go. ) so i told him to get the f off me. And went to watch cartoons with my daughter. We later went to the store and i bought groceries and he went to another store. He came back to the store i was in and gave me a new phone because he felt bad he broke mine. So should i forgive him fot breaking it? Was it my fault for not paying attention? Or do i have a right to be mad?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Forgive but dont put up with that bs! Its not your fault nothing should provoke that type of anger!
curlycupcake
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
5 moms liked this
Are you kidding me? He's your husband. He tried to make amends. YOU WERE IGNORING HIM. And during an argument too.
What are you, 12??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrittM1988
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Forgive him, you were the one tuning out during the arguement, why have an arguement if you're not there 100%.. he tried to apologize he got a new phone.. forgive the guy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM

For me, I wouldn't forgive it. He took an item and broke it because he was mad that you didn't pay attention to him. Sounds like he has anger issues and maybe some controlling ones as well.

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

You should forgive him. You both acted like children but he was apologetic, showed affection and replaced what he broke. Unless you really like to hold grudges, move on!

VintageWife
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM

BTW, if this was an everyday thing or he was throwing people, it'd be a different answer.

Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:32 AM

obviously it was his fault.. but i would forgive him & talk about controlling his anger.  he has a problem.  

LilynAustin
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:34 AM
oh boy. Well if he has done stuff like this before...huge red flag. My husband snapped my flip phone in half four years ago. He had done stuff like that before. He has since gone through a DV program...and is much better. Even if someone is anngry it is not an excuse to break or throw things. He needs to get his anger in check. My husband was told when he is angry to walk away. It is not worth it to get so worked up you start becoming violent. You need to sit down and talk. Let him know you are upset about him breaking the phone. Allow him to express his feeling as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shymomof4
by Kristyn on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I would forgive him.  I would be pissed if I was having a serious conversation with someone and they ignored me and played around on their phone.  I don't think him throwing it was right.  But he did try to fix the situation.  If this is a regular occurrence I would still forgive him but get him some help with his anger issues. 

angeleyes16
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

He feels bad, so forgive him. Tell him it better not happen again though. Our home phone is secured in dutch tape, because I threw the phone a few times. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)