Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morning Arguments. Enough! edit to add

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 37 Replies

Who is the damn parent here???

I ask you to get your bag ready and you dont do it because you are too busy concerning yourself with what I, the parent, am doing.  EXCUSE ME!?

Um no.  You see little man, this does not work for me.

ARGHHHH!!!! Every morning it's the same damn thing! Why???  Can't we just be nice?  Does everything have to be so contrary??  

My sister says he has RAD you have to cut him some slack.  RAD doesn't change the fact that the bus comes at 9.  RAD doesnt't mean you have to be contrary to everything I ask you to do just frikkin because.  Or does it? I dont even know.

Im so frikkin frustrated with this.

**I do get everything ready the night before, my son dumps his bag out. 

banging head into wall

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM

bump

428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:15 AM

no advice? ok *sigh*

bunnywzrd
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Maybe get everything ready the night before? Pick out clothes. Have back pack ready. Shoes where you can find them. I don't know what RAD is though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM
A lot of kids are like that. What is rad?
iluvsn85
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM
This is what we do.

Quoting bunnywzrd:

Maybe get everything ready the night before? Pick out clothes. Have back pack ready. Shoes where you can find them. I don't know what RAD is though.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Quoting bunnywzrd:

It's an attachment disorder, and I do!

His uniform is set on his dresser, his lunch and bag should be packed and ready (he will unpack it to be contrary), his shoes are set by the door with jacket and all gloves hat and scarf in the pockets.

He always asks for a "few more minutes" to sleep, so I wake up 10 mins earlier and make his breakfast in that time, what more can I possibly do?

It really does seem like he argues for arguments sake.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Do you do any prep the night before? Outfits and backpacks pulled? Shoes and coat out and ready to be put on?

What about in the morning? Is the TV on?

I know we do so much better on the mornings when the "speed bump" stuff is taken care if the night before.

I'm not sure what RAD is. But when my daughter gives me lip in the morning (as she did today...full blown case of the Mondays!), I send her to her room for a bit.
BKozICan
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Sounds like a normal kid... How old?

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Have you thought about setting an alarm for him? Maybe set it early and let him snooze once?

Quoting 428pm:

Quoting bunnywzrd:

It's an attachment disorder, and I do!

His uniform is set on his dresser, his lunch and bag should be packed and ready (he will unpack it to be contrary), his shoes are set by the door with jacket and all gloves hat and scarf in the pockets.

He always asks for a "few more minutes" to sleep, so I wake up 10 mins earlier and make his breakfast in that time, what more can I possibly do?

It really does seem like he argues for arguments sake.

428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I do all of those things, no tv or video games allowed because its just an argument to turn it off.  

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Do you do any prep the night before? Outfits and backpacks pulled? Shoes and coat out and ready to be put on?

What about in the morning? Is the TV on?

I know we do so much better on the mornings when the "speed bump" stuff is taken care if the night before.

I'm not sure what RAD is. But when my daughter gives me lip in the morning (as she did today...full blown case of the Mondays!), I send her to her room for a bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)