Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*update* I accidently blabbed *abortion, christian related*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Update:
I was very upset about everything so I went over to see the pastors wife. She said she did not tell my friend about our conversation, just that she offered her support and prayers if she needed them because she noticed that she had missed a few bible studies and teas. She said she told her that if there was anything going on, her office is always open to her.

She told me that she thought my friend had miscarried, but after our discussion she guessed that it was my friend I had supported.

I am honestly torn. I just wish my friend would talk to me and tell me exactly what was said.

A few months ago my best friend had an abortion. I understood her reasons, but pleaded with her to speak with our pastors wife to see if we could come up with an alternative. She refused because she was afraid of the pastors wife judging her. She went through with the abortion and I not only loaned her money towards it and took her, but lied to her family about everything and let her recover at my home.
I feel like I am an accomplice in a murder. Abortion goes against everything I believe in. I love my friend, but I hate what she did.
Yesterday after service I pulled aside the pastors wife and explained what I did and how I felt. I didn't reveal my friends name or any identifying info, but somehow she guessed and called my friend last night. My friend called me and told she never wants to see me again, and I am no longer her kids godmom. I tried to explain what I said and why I spoke to the pastors wife. But she wouldn't listen.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Replies (11-20):
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:16 AM

You broke her trust. How would you feel in her place?

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM

If you didn't believe in it or agree in her decision that adamantly, then you should not have helped her.  It is not your situation to tell and she probably feels that you betrayed her and her confidence.  She's dealing with enough guilt I'm sure over her decision and does not need to deal with yours as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Then you support abortion. You don't help and support and PAY FOR things that you don't believe in.

Quoting Anonymous:

I helped her because she was desperate and I was afraid she would try something physically unsafe. I didn't think I would feel this way afterwards. I also didn't think the pastors wife would guess who she was or confront her.

Quoting Anonymous:

You shouldn't have helped her if you didn't believe in it. That wasn't your situation to tell. You deserve to e removed from her life, I would have done the same if I were her.

cherib82
by Post Killer on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this
You should have kept your mouth closed. Plain and simple. It is no ones business how the friend lives her life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
428pm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I dont blame her.  How can she trust you?

Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I agree

Quoting Anonymous:

You shouldn't have helped her if you didn't believe in it. That wasn't your situation to tell. You deserve to e removed from her life, I would have done the same if I were her.

ksueditz
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM
6 moms liked this
This and if you didn't want anybody to know, and felt you needed to get it off your chest or find guidance, why not confide in the pastor. He would have to keep it confidential.

Quoting Anonymous:

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM
You should have kept your mouth shut and found a different way to voice your guilt.....like praying or talking to the pastor not the pastors wife!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Should've kept your mouth shut. I don't blame her for being pissed at you. You crossed the line.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

You helped her because you wanted to be a friend. And you should've kept your mouth shut to be a friend too. You talked to the pastor's wife to help yourself, not your friend. That was selfish. You should've gone to someone who didn't know either of you to get some help.

Quoting Anonymous:

I helped her because she was desperate and I was afraid she would try something physically unsafe. I didn't think I would feel this way afterwards. I also didn't think the pastors wife would guess who she was or confront her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured