Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Technically, it was wasted money, but SOOOO worth it!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 32 Replies
9 moms liked this

Laundry is the household chore that I struggle with the most. I hate it the most and it's the one hardest to get done. We live in an older home, which we love and we have gradually been doing updates to it. However, we have not yet updated the plumbing. So if water is running somewhere, it can't be running anywhere else. For example, if the dishwasher is going, you can't do laundry or take a shower. On top of that, folding is a headache because, with kids and 3 pets, interruption abound and without fail, either the dog or the kids will come running in the room and knock over my stacks of folded laundry. So, long story short, laundry at my house sucks and it got pretty backed up to the point that I knew it would take me all of eternity to get it all done one load at a time.

Therefore, I decided to get a ton of quarters and go to the laundromat. AND OMG! What I paid for was much more than clean laundry! I took one of my books for school and spent my entire "wait time" reading and studying....uninterrupted! No dog whining to go out. No kids saying "Mommy I want this," or "Mommy I want that". Just the hum of the machines, my diet pepsi, and my book. Peace. Complete and utter peace. Then, when I started folding, I folded five loads of laundry in the time it normally takes me to fold one because I was left alone and there was no one to interfere with my progress.

It was just glorious and quite frankly, I don't care that I had to spend $15. I paid peace. The clean clothes ended up being a bonus.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
duejan13th
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Hey, whatever works for you is all that matters! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I used to do that all the time. It was just so much easier to get it all done at one time rather than doing laundry every day, and not ever catching up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM

So it wasn't money wasted!  Nice job :)

Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Well as long as it worked for you sometimes the benefit outweighs the cost
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JadsW
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Quiet time is priceless. *nods* When I really need it, and Mr. Jads is off, I leave the kids with him & go to the library. I usually don't even check anything out. I just pull up a chair in the reference section and write. It's glorious.
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Good for you mom - peace of mind is worth the money. 

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Sounds like a good deal for you!
superm0m877
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I've been considering doing the same thing! im so backed up on laundry right now because my dryer is a POS and its hard for me to go downstairs when there is always so much going on up here lol i hate having my laundry in the basement! We are moving in a few weeks to a house with the laundry right off the kitchen and i am so excited! but i will probably do what you did right before we move so im not moving a bunch of dirty clothes. 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Nice! I live in an older home too and I can't have the dryer and dishwasher going or I blow a fuse, so I definitely understand! I've been saying for so long that I'm just going to take it all to the laundry mat and get it done once and for all!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)