Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quitting smoking? If you did or know someone who did, please read.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

If you took Wellbutrin (or Zyban) to quit smoking, how long did it take from the time you started the meds until you finally quit?

Please, no negative comments.  There's just no need for them.  Thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
paknari
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I took Wellbutrin and used an electronic cigarette. It still took me about 6 months but the Wellbutrin made me forget to smoke for longer periods and then when I did I used the e-cig.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaileysMommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Wellbutrin didn't help me. I was taking the generic brand and then saw on the news that the generic wellbutrin has not been successful in helping people quit. 

kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I started smoking on Wellbutrin so it didn't really help me quit, but it did give me migraines so bad id be in bed so i didn't smoke lol. It took 2 weeks for my aunt, good luck!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I honestly found quitting cold turkey was best for me. 

JadsW
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I quit 8 years ago, but I did it cold turkey. Best of luck to you! Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Bump for responses, I'm considering wellbuterin!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM
The first time I quit I weened myself off. The second time I quit I did it cold turkey. This time I plan on doing it cold turkey and sticking to it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Thanks ladies.  I've only been taking the med for 3 days.  The doc did say she was putting me on 150mg and not the normally prescribed 300mg to quit smoking.  I'm very petite, guess she thought the 300mg might be too much but im thinking of doubling my dose. I'm trying to cut down.  I bought cigarettes I don't like.  I'm upstairs in my bedroom and staying here until I have to pick ds up at 3:00 in an attempt not to go downstairs and outside to smoke.  I only smoked 3 today.  I want to quit SO bad!  It's hard, really hard.  I know it's unhealthy and blah blah blah but it's still hard to stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)