Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's MY choice if we get flu shots, NOT yours!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 202 Replies
15 moms liked this
Ugh sometimes my MIL just makes me so mad. I deal with her nosy and meddling ways, because well shes my MIL and I tolerate for my DH and kids. But dont tell me I'm a bad mom because I won't give my kids the flu shot. No one in my house gets it.
Simply bc when I did get it (I was prego with my second) and got my ODD one at the same time (she was 2) we BOTH ended up in the hostipal. But in the last 6 yrs we havent had one and no one has gotteb the flu.

The flu shot isnt the only way to prevent the flu, and really to many people depend on it and dont even know how to care for someone with the flu.
Grrr I just needed to vent here so I didnt tell her to get the f*** out of my business. luckily DH agrees with me about the flu shots.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM
We don't get them either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Master_Debater
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM
We don't get them here either. No point to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I just hate how if you dont get them people assume your a bad parent or whatever... they are not needed per say.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM
5 moms liked this

Honestly if she went to so far as to call you a bad mother, I'd be printing out a ton of research on why the flu shot isn't a great idea, and shoving it in her face! That shit would fly..

I mean it's good your DH agrees with you, but he really needs to put his mother in her place about calling you a bad mother!  that's completely uncalled for!

truelove813
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM
No shots for us either. All I see on Fb is people complaining about having the flu. They are also the ones who were going on and on about how the shot better work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommie2twogirls
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM

we don't get them

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM

You are right, they aren't needed, and in fact have a lot of bad side effects and could be more dangerous!  Especially since the shot is only "effective" (and I use that term loosely) up until 6months.. MAX.. (with it only being 70% affective at it's best.. which is two weeks after recieving it.. and only in healthy young adults..    in children, elderly, those with weakened immune systems... it's pretty useless and could in fact be more dangerous because it's not as effective and it weakens their immune systems!)

Quoting Anonymous:

I just hate how if you dont get them people assume your a bad parent or whatever... they are not needed per say.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

this. no real reason to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I read an article on our local paper the other day that said the flu shot was only 62% effective this time around so maybe pass on that info to her!

mom_dl6
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

We have never gotten the Flu shot .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN