Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reading Comprehension, or Rather, Lack of

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 27 Replies
3 moms liked this

Have you ever posted something and had that one person that replies that completely twists what you say? Then they adamently say the same inane crap over and over no matter how many times you try to explain that they are totally off the mark? 

Example

I need a new car but can't afford the one that I would like to have. It is a little out of my price range. I found a Dodge that I can afford but I would only drive a Dodge if it was given to me. I don't care for them.I am not sure what I am going to do.

(Dodge lovers, it was just an example. I have nothing against them. I have NEVER even driven one.)

Anonymous replies

That is what is wrong with this country, people like you! Why should anyone give you a car? Why shouldn't you have to work for it like everyone else. Good thing DH and I work to support entitled people like you. I will tell you what to do! Get a job and buy your own car.

Then you stare at the screen like this. 

blank stare

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:30 AM

LOL I see this a lot!!!

Photo: -Randi.

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Quoting brettsmomma:

LOL I see this a lot!!!

What really gets me is when you point out that they read it wrong and they continue replying on the same messed up path. lol

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:33 AM

its like a one way street that never ends. I just laugh at them and move on.

Quoting Jynnifer292:

Quoting brettsmomma:

LOL I see this a lot!!!

What really gets me is when you point out that they read it wrong and they continue replying on the same messed up path. lol

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

OMG yes especially in certain groups!!!! (not even just MC! the 'bitch' groups too!) 

vanellope
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:39 AM
The lack of comprehension on this board is incredible. Too many uneducated bitches with way too much time on their hands
Master_Debater
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM

That's the fun of Cafemom..lol What annoys me is when you give an opinion on something and someone takes it so personal and then turns and calls you rude and etc. Like if I said, "I hate the color hot pink and I don't think anyone should wear anything that color"...then the hot pink lover comes in all offended calling you rude because you should be more respectful because some people love that color blah blah blah. And yes, I have seen similar things like that happen. lol

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM

LOL Yup.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's the fun of Cafemom..lol What annoys me is when you give an opinion on something and someone takes it so personal and then turns and calls you rude and etc. Like if I said, "I hate the color hot pink and I don't think anyone should wear anything that color"...then the hot pink lover comes in all offended calling you rude because you should be more respectful because some people love that color blah blah blah. And yes, I have seen similar things like that happen. lol

Yeah, giving an opinion is fine. I can handle opposite opinions.......even if I don't like them. The way you put it, you think hot pink looks bad on everyone, nobody in particular, not offensive. If someone posted a pic of herself in a hot pink outfit and you said "you look like shit in hot pink" different story. haha

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM

that was a pretty humorous & accurate example - yes, it has happened to me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)