Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bus stop altercation.. WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

I'm very upset and slightly angry about an issue that occured at our bus stop today.  This is NOT the first time this has happened, but the first time at todays magnitude.  My boys (5&6) were at the bus stop with a few of their friends when a boy comes running along at full speed and knocks a little girl to the ground, just totally blindsided her.  She's in first grade, he's in 4th.  So, since his parents weren't at the bus stop and no where around, I told him that he needs to leave his hand off other kids.  This sent him into a full fledged tantrum, he threw his backpack and coat into the middle of the street and kept screaming he wanted to get hit by a car.  When his brother went to get the coat/backpack, the kid punched him in the stomach.  Then he said "WHY IS EVERYONE LOOKING AT ME!!" and went into a complete rampage hitting all the kids, except mine.  I am NOT at the bus stop to make sure other kids don't run into the road. I'm there to make my kids feel safe.  He probably hit 6 kids at the stop.  I talked to the bus driver who informed me that his parents just don't care no matter how many times they've talked to this family, so now I'm waiting on a response from the principal.  I also got multiple times that he's autistic.  Well, if he can't be left alone, he needs a parent to watch him.  I don't get why parents can't parent? What is so hard about it? What would you have done?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Called the principal as well and inform other parents what hes doing.
CookieMom108
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I would've done the same as you.  Talked to the bus driver and then the principal.  That child definitely should have supervision at the bus stop but if the parents don't care, I don't know what to say.  I feel bad for the brother, poor kid probably sees this happen a lot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM
That's crazy, he has some major issues . I wold tell the principle as he has to do something abut this.
PepperWillow
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Poor kid. He sounds troubled.

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I would recommend that he be removed from the bus.  Then he won't be able to stand there anymore.  Just because his parents don't watch out for him doesn't mean that he gets to get away with this behavior.  He needs to be driven to school.

If they're not willing to do anything about it, I would start driving my kids to school to keep them safe.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I would find out where that kid lives and talk to his parents myself honestly.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have called the police.
Then I would have talked to the kids parents myself...we're you the only parent at the bus stop? I think the other kid's parents should be coming, too, at least until this is resolved.

The kid sounds like he is out of control.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I wouldn't stand for it personally.... I would see where he walks from and knock on his door. I hate parents like that, at my sil apartment there is a little boy that is mean to all the kids and I didn't know this at first and when my niece asked us to tell him to leave I felt bad for him and told her there is room for them to all play together!!! Well she comes running in the house yelling that he BIT her cousin.... Took me a minute because I've known her since before she was my sil and realized she was talking about my son!! I go out there and this kid (10 years old) was biting my son(6) I was soo mad!!! I calmed explained to the little boy that he needed to go home and as humans we don't bite one another, then washed DS arm with peroxide!! I was going to go talk to his parents but My niece told me she talked to him mom about him being mean and she said "it's ok I don't like him either!!" I just feel bad for the little punk now
kate80
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Here kids like that end up on the special bus. They are picked up and dropped off at home or sitters and there is a monitor on the bus. Usually they have to be written up multiple times for behavior by the bus dept. They can refuse to transport.students.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Well, first I wouldn't have told him to "keep his hands off other kids" when it was clearly an accident that he bumped into the little girl.

You embarrassed him in front of everyone and made him feel like he did something bad when he didn't do anything intentional.

It's no excuse for his behaviour, but why would you say such a thing in the first place? It's not like he walked up to her and shoved her as hard as he could to hurt her. He was running and bumped into her.

And you know he has Autism and behavioural issues. You really don't sounds very mature yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)