Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could YOU do it? Advice PLEASE!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I have posted about my situation before, but I need some advice ladies.

Dh and I moved to a new state several months ago. I am MISERABLE here. I hate it. I have always had anxiety, but am able to cope without any medication, but my anxiety has gotten way worse here. I can't take anything because I am pregnant. We also have a 2 yr. old. We decided to move back to our home state at the beginning of March. I have thought about leaving before Dh and staying with my Mom until he gets here. I am happy when I am around family, I grew up in a large family, with cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. always around. It was a big change coming here with no one around and not even having friends I can talk to. I don't get out much here at all, Dd and I are always cooped up inside and I think I may be getting depressed :( I am just MISERABLE. If I leave though, Dd and I will be away from Dh until March!!! I would feel bad about doing that because of our Dd, and I haven't been away from Dh for more then a couple of days. He told me to go, if that is what I wanted to do. I am seriously thinking about it, but I just don't know what the best thing to do would be. I know for my own mental well being it would be good to go, but I would be taking Dd with me and she wouldn't see her Dad for a while. I'm STUCK.

Any Advice? Wwyd?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM

If it is truly what you feel needs to be done for your own good, then do it. It is only a little more than a month, and it will fly by.

nerdymom28
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM

March is only a month or so away. I'd talk to DH and make sure he was okay with it first, but I would probably go if I were really that miserable. You're pregnant - you need support and love and you need to be happy. Being anxious and miserable all the time is not good for your baby. Also...you CAN take anxiety meds while you're pregnant. Talk to your OB and they can find something that will work for you during your pregnancy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Quoting Hellobabies:

If it is truly what you feel needs to be done for your own good, then do it. It is only a little more than a month, and it will fly by.

Thanks :) I know I should for ME, but I feel like it would be selfish to do to Dd.... She is only 2 though, so maybe it won't be a big deal. 

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:20 AM
i would stay..but that is just me. Sounds like you are just home sick. If you really want to leave then do it. March isn't that far away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Quoting nerdymom28:

March is only a month or so away. I'd talk to DH and make sure he was okay with it first, but I would probably go if I were really that miserable. You're pregnant - you need support and love and you need to be happy. Being anxious and miserable all the time is not good for your baby. Also...you CAN take anxiety meds while you're pregnant. Talk to your OB and they can find something that will work for you during your pregnancy.

Thanks :) Dh has told me on several occasions that if I feel like I need to go, then he is ok with it.... It's just going to suck for him having to pack and load up the whole house, lol. I took Zoloft while pregnant with Dd (my anxiety gets a little worse when I am pregnant, it seems) and then here recently I have been seeing commercials about Zoloft and birth defects. Scares me to death. I should be taking Prilosec OTC right now, but I won't even touch that. Taking meds worries me while pregnant. Right now I only take vitamins and the occasional Tylonol. 

Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Hellobabies:

Thanks :) I know I should for ME, but I feel like it would be selfish to do to Dd.... She is only 2 though, so maybe it won't be a big deal. 

I have 2 year old twins and my husband works out of the country every other month for a month. Kids are stronger than we give them credit for. The kids know that daddy has to leave for work, but we make a big deal out of him coming home. It gives them something to look forward to. She will be fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Quoting Hellobabies:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Hellobabies:

I have 2 year old twins and my husband works out of the country every other month for a month. Kids are stronger than we give them credit for. The kids know that daddy has to leave for work, but we make a big deal out of him coming home. It gives them something to look forward to. She will be fine.

rgba
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Honestly? I think you should stay. It sounds like a grownup case of homesickness, and I think instead of giving in and letting your anxiety control you, you should challenge yourself. It is only for a short time. Then you can show yourself that you can do it.

If you need to, find a therapist to help you work through it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
No. For me, home is where we make it, and involves my dh and children together. I wouldnt abandon my family
mrs.Martinez201
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Being away from my husband that long would make me depressed!!!! I love my family but my kids and husband are everything to me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)