Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i swear she'll go bald

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 13 Replies
My sister was not allowed to dye her hair until age 18- but now she has gone a little overboard with it. She keeps changing colors, bleaching, and redying as much as twice a week, with the longest stretch being a week and a half.

I told her that her hair is going to become brittle if she doesn't slow down... and it could cause breakage or worse. She just gave me a dirty look. Oh well! I tried.

This has been going on since July. Red, black, black with red bangs, bleached highlights, back to black, bleached and added red.... etc
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Groove
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I'd give her some samples of deep hair conditioner from sally's. What's the texture of her hair like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
I’m in a bad mood, but I promise I won’t take it out on my CafeMom family
Today at 10:21 AM
by Petty Princess on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Well, worse comes to worse she could always shave her head and start fresh. No more damage then.

xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:28 AM
She would just toss them aside. She has a new "how dare thou tell me what to do!" Attitude. There's no helping that.

Naturally fine and dry

Quoting Groove:

I'd give her some samples of deep hair conditioner from sally's. What's the texture of her hair like?
xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM
True!
Haha I debated that once.... just rock wigs instead if styling

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Well, worse comes to worse she could always shave her head and start fresh. No more damage then.

Pink.Sunshine
I’m in a bad mood, but I promise I won’t take it out on my CafeMom family
Today at 10:21 AM
by Petty Princess on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

yeah I saw that on this True Life: I hate my hair. A girl used to dye and dye her hair and she just held on to those damaged ends. Hair usually grows out of your scalp healthy, so I don't know why she wouldn't just shave her head and start over. It was really interesting.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

True!
Haha I debated that once.... just rock wigs instead if styling

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

CJsMommy92
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

She'll quit eventually. It's kinda like kids who grow up in a really strict inviroment. They grow up they go crazy for a while until they get out of their system what they could have in little spurts growing up. If she was always aloud to dye her hair she wouldn't be going so crazy now. Just wait it out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

the bleach will do the worst damage than the others but what is her deal? I wasnt allowed to until 18 but I sure didnt go nuts over it. 

xomrs.chase
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Hahaha rebellion I guess. Short skirts, bralets and crop tops, and crazy hair dying and drawing on her brows. (Not being mean, she's not the right body type for those clothes)

I don't get it... I guess it's a phase. I hope it is. She's at a very prestigious school, and I'd hate for her to not be taken seriously.

*I tend to be a little motherly with her. We are 6yrs apart

Quoting Anonymous:

the bleach will do the worst damage than the others but what is her deal? I wasnt allowed to until 18 but I sure didnt go nuts over it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I wouldn't worry about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya, my sister is 10 years younger and often posts questionable things on her facebook such as "Next year im going to put a black santa in front of my house." I roll my eyes, sigh and tell my mom. We've spoken before with her about how FB can affect her future in jobs or schools but she doesnt always get it :(

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Hahaha rebellion I guess. Short skirts, bralets and crop tops, and crazy hair dying and drawing on her brows. (Not being mean, she's not the right body type for those clothes)

I don't get it... I guess it's a phase. I hope it is. She's at a very prestigious school, and I'd hate for her to not be taken seriously.

*I tend to be a little motherly with her. We are 6yrs apart

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)